13 : CREATING A PRECAUTION

The Death Lord suddenly stopped on his track and looked at Bhargav , the Fate Lord . Bhargav knew what question had risen in him .

He said
"yes , I had visited her , I had to ! Yeah , I know D is there . But I didn't let him know anything , I had precautions ."

"Was Rajani with you ?"

"Yes . It's her who informed me first about D's dreams then I asked the Lady and she......"

"And this ? Where did you get it ?"

"It's Lady Prakriti's most capable spy who informed one of the Lady Shweta's spies , so she knew and when I went to know about his moves she just could tell me that they would be here tonight . His minions are actually watching over us as they always do , but I'm wondering about those missing souls which you reported that you couldn't get . Whether they are spirits or souls ; they must be taken to the office first and then they'll be judged and after that they'll be rewarded or punished . But what these are all about ? He's on his way to break all the ancient laws and orders !"

Then Bhargav had to follow the Death Lord in total silence as he started walking again . When the Hall of Justice in Naarook was in order Bhargav was the Head Judge among the Major , Minor Judges and Juries ; since then all the Lords and Ladies respected him though he was not one of the Elders . He was made for his duty ; designing fate , his knowledge was most appreciated after Lady Shweta . He took all the Lords and Ladies as his family and often called them brother and sister . But for Lord Anthraj it was a matter of admiration and friendship . In all those thousands years the Death Lord was the one who always stayed by his side , helped him out from any problems , cared for him unconditionally .

Bhargav couldn't do anything helpful for the Death Lord when he was punished and exiled to Praanheena for his crime . Praanheena was actually a city where the ghosts were kept temporarily , awaiting for their justice. He couldn't bear to see the Death Lord among the ghosts so he tried to rescue him and finally could get him out on one condition that the Death Lord would take care of Utkalgarh , the Portal City with his own duty . Bhargav knew it was just a starting of another plot so he decided to keep eyes on him personally and more cautiously . Then he brought Darshan to compensate the loss that happened once , for his judgement .

They reached the last building of the lane in silence . The building was a two stories structure which normally looked out of fashion as its outside was painted in most sorrowful grey and window glasses were perfectly black to conceal whatever was inside,with heading board on its top reading "NORMS Come Always For Emergencies" . A short girl in deep grey denim and dark yellow top bowed a little and welcomed both of them.

"Ah! Disha you're still anxious . Don't be . They had escaped long ago ."
the Fate Lord said patting on her shoulder .

The girl's features relaxed after hearing the assurance ; she said
"my Lord every time I'll not be successful in tracking their presence . If something more......."

This time the Death Lord spoke "That's okay Disha , you did what you could do ."

Disha stopped immediately and said "my Lords , please get inside ."

When they were finally inside the building , Disha again said "the recent engineer boy has got a plan . He was talking about making this protective shield which will access to specifics and...."

"What ! A protective shield around the office ! And that will access to specifics ! Is that possible ?! I mean we are talking about stopping the minions , among them some will be spirits."

The Fate Lord finally stopped his over-talk as the Death Lord , Disha was staring at him along with the whole working team inside .

Seeing that situation he laughed sheepishly and coughing once , totally became serious and said
"where is the boy ? Come infront and explain . Let's see what you've got in your sleeve ."

A slender white shadow immerged among the soul workers and the others went to their works again . The ghost in a very controlled voice said "Good night , my Lords . If we can have a more private talk....."

The Death raised his hand and indicated to his private room and at once they were in a dark room with only a candle lightened . As if the light could feel their presence it started burning more brightly . The engineer's soul was fascinated ; he was newly recruited in the office and was learning the system . In the whole training session he studied any book , he could get in the library , collected every possible information about the recent problems and solutions by other engineers . He started preparing for this problem so promptly but after getting the solution he was pretty much nervous to even talk about it .

He started with a timid voice "my Lords , I checked all the security systems and they are so much upgraded already I don't think they've to be touched ; the alarm systems are working properly with detecting any dark energy , the identification system for the soul workers with their soul essences is also alright , the electricity facilities for the lifts need a little bit work as those still continue to fail at the ground floor and the currier souls has to use their power cards to reach at the gateway to Naarook ."

The report was finally completed , then checking the atmosphere he again said "but the intrusion prevention system is another level problem as it never happened or even threatened to happen . I took some models of the slayed minions from the musium and tried every types of power grid for destroying their surviving capabilities ; after all of these I'm sorry to inform you that I didn't get much success but in these researches one particular thing has come out to be the solution ."
The soul stopped abruptly .

The Death Lord and the Fate Lord were in total silence , listening to the whole speech carefully .

Seeing the soul's hesitation the Death Lord talked first "you stopped . That means the solution is costly or hard to achieve. Speak out ."

Hearing the Death Lord's order the soul dared not to stay silent , he said
"my Lords , forgive me for speaking out of my level . The only solution seems to be the Death Whip ."

Bhargav knew very well what outcome was waiting , keeping his hand on the Death Lord's shoulder he said "that's not hard to achieve I think . But you can't handle its power so you've to take the Death Lord's help in this . But make sure it gets ready soon , we don't have much time ."

The soul actually expected answer from the Death Lord but not getting that he just nodded in Fate Lord's order . Bhargav gave him a smile and dismissed him .

Then he said to the Death Lord "Ah ! Dear , you're silent . I just gave access to someone to use your weapon and you will not say anything ?!"

The Death Lord very calmly answered "what can I say ? If this is the only way to solution then let him give it a try , after all it's your life which is in danger ."

Hey, readers!
Hope you're enjoying the story 😊
It's getting more exciting now 😮

There are so many questions to be answered , right?

What does the "NORMS Come Always For Emergencies" office really stand for? 😲

From what threat they need to protect the office? 😯

Most of all
WHY ON JAG-ATH, THE FATE LORD'S LIFE IS IN DANGER ????!!!!!!! 😦😦😦

Let's find out in the upcoming chapters............😉😉😉😉

Till then stay home, stay safe and enjoy reading 😊 😊 😊 😊

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE 👍 ✒ 👉 🙏

                 .............Anasuya Raj

6th July, 2020