10 : THE DEATH LORD WAS IN HURRY

As the night started fading, the Death Lord's quietness caused uneasiness in the Fate Lord's calm posture. He hesitantly said
"I beg your pardon , my Lord . I shouldn't have said anything about him . It's very inconvenience to......"

"Bhargav , you have every right to say anything , whether it's a truth or wild guess . Earlier you were deliberately avoiding the 'another talk' . Is it somehow connected with him ? Don't try to avoid the truth please ." The  Death Lord's face was very much controlled but it was clear that he would not tolerate any lie .

Still keeping his voice low , the Fate Lord said
"It has everything to do with him . Actually it wouldn't have taken so much time to find D if it wasn't for the Lord of Karma . We.......we kind of had a treaty about our interference ......"

"Treaty ?!"

"Let me tell you the whole please .
When he punished you for your crime 24 years ago , he also ensured we don't interfere in D's life and at that moment the Lady also supported the decision as she had that grudge against us , we had to restrain ourselves . But four years ago he made his first move , his minions started looking for him and I didn't have any other option but to watch over them . You know his power of mischief , even Maruth was distracted , and his creatures found him . I'm still not sure why he is so desperate . From resources I know that time D already could hear and talk to souls or spirits . That day D was returning home from his old university campus , he got his results and also so many wishes ! Yes , it was his 21st birthday ! The Lord of Karma lured him into a trap ! A trap made with illusion of innocent people getting killed by evil spirits ! You know D didn't know what to do and he still doesn't know because he doesn't have his divine power with him......" Looking at the Death Lord's face Bhargav suddenly stopped .

Controlling his posture , the Death Lord said "what exactly happened ?"

Bhargav continued "what could happen ?! That silly boy approached them ! It was actually a dead-end of a construction building . For the Lord it was a test ! A test to see if he had such powerful sight to crack the Lord's illusion . I also thought that he could see through ! But when he didn't stop , we all were too late , he fell from there . Thirteen stories ! I collected him ; all broken , bathed in blood , hideously injured , but still he was alive ! The Lady was outraged , heartbroken , obviously we made mistakes and you know what ! It was me who stayed there , that Lord was gone ! D went to coma for more than two years , the Lady again changed her address and my all alliances went on their own ways . So from then they were lost until I got help from Maruth again . At first she didn't even allow me to see her ! I kept on pressing her to see the truth , to keep her loyality at Naarook's benefits , at last she agreed to meet in emergencies . For this little trick I had to go to her twice ! Obviously I ensured her that D is alright . Hey did you check on him ?"
The Fate Lord finally stopped , he prepared for a outburst .

Surprisingly the Death Lord was calm and he just answered his last sentence
"Yes , I have sent a messenger ."

Bhargav didn't feel right at all. He immediately said "Hey ! You are silent after knowing the whole incident ?! You won't blame me ?!"

"Bhargav , do you really want to hear what my mouth can say on this matter ? I hope no . So keep this matter aside and thanks for watching over him for me ." The Death Lord's change in behaviour lightened the whole seriousness .

Bhargav already had guessed why it ended up like this "Oh ! My dear Lord , you've got an answer from him ! Awesome ! Writing letters , the first step to start it again . Hey , that's almost eight thousand years ! Congrats ! You are going to succeed as long as I am on your side . But still you have to learn modern ways to impress your lo........"

"Bhargav ! Now you're giving me headache ! First you did arrange a meeting without informing me , second you were there but didn't do anything to help him . And I'm still ignoring these . But....."

"But why I didn't inform you so long that he was here all these months ? Well I couldn't dare to . You know his minions are watching over us , I even don't know this time whether they know or don't know ?! I took every precautions I could take . You must think why this time ? See I was looking for chances since I recruited you on this 'portal city' then his destiny brought him here which is obviously me! I watched you ; among the deads , almost becoming like them ! Alone , vacant ! He is no more different than you , he is too alone , vacant among the alives ! I couldn't bear it . What happened all those eons ago , I'm to be blamed too after all . I......I am his brother and your best friend , can't I do this little for the two of you ? Then again , you are my last pawn to bring him home so what if you take him to your home ?! He will still be the one who he used to be !"
Bhargav himself didn't believe he said so much, he stopped in awe , looking at Death Lord's hood . He clearly knew that the man in front of him was happy to have this help and probably was blushing for his last remark .

"Thank you , Bhargav for all these ."
The Death Lord said with an affectionate tone .

"That made my day !"

"You know he can see souls' memories ? My messenger confirmed it ."

"Yes . Since he woke up from the coma , he started seeing the memories of ghosts . Why ? You are searching for reasons ?"

"Yes , you have any ?"

"Oh ! Yeah , another wild guess ! His most dependable disciple and his father in this life , Pranabesh , the Keeper of Memories and Ancient Records ."

The clock chimed , it was 6 o'clock , the sun was out . The Death Lord as if coming back to reality shook his head and said , "time up . Bye Bhargav . See you another time , if possible ."

Then he vanished in thin air leaving a smiling Bhargav behind .

       ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Hey, readers,
So now you know what exactly happened to Darshan and why he went to coma. ......

And the Lord of Karma is also interested in Darshan's life! !!! Why? What's his purpose? !......
Let's find out in upcoming chapters. ..........

Till then stay safe, stay healthy, and enjoy reading 😊 😊

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE 👍✒👉

              ..............Anasuya Raj

15th June, 2020