7 : Openly Presented

Darshan thought that he didn't hear the person infront of him right. He observed Yash but couldn't find any hint of lie or mockery . He again asked
"You do believe?"

Yash had already decided his motif towards the man infront of him, who looked very handsome, smart and normal, but was actually a supernatural being. He clearly said
"Yes I do. Believe me I've never believed any words of others, but since you are being honest with me with your secret then I should be honest about one thing, from now on you'll be always in my watch. As for why, you pretty much know that I'm kind of trying to pursue you."

Darshan's eyes widened, he guessed it but now it had been presented openly infront of him. Confused with his own feelings he started
"look, I'm not........"
He couldn't finish as he saw the other officer was coming to them.

Yash suddenly asked "is that all happened? You just followed him to catch him and then handover him to me. Anything known to you about the murdered man?"

Darshan was totally lost of words, he just shook his head.

"Okay, then you're...." Yash started , but was interrupted by the other man's question
"Sir, are we finished here or you need more time?"

The man was a little short than Darshan, his skin tone deep tan, his face round but surprisingly seemed of a much aged person; his light brown eyes were on Darshan, examining him like a magnifying glass.

Yash clearly didn't want this man to suspect Darshan. He said with a even tone
"yes, we're done here.
Mr. Sinha told me the truth, you don't have to worry."
Looking at Darshan he added
"Oh! Darshan, he is my assistant Mr. Chitramanohar Gupta."

Mr. Gupta didn't introduce himself. He looked straight at Yash and asked "then should we leave sir?"

Both of them had already finished their foods. Yash looked at Darshan who was busy with counting money, then declared
"you leave first. I'll see off Mr. Sinha to his hostel."

Darshan suddenly noticed he had been included in a private night walk. Standing up, he said
"That's very kind of you, Yash. But I can go alone, you don't have to worry."

"Let you go alone?! I'm not leaving you until you reach your hostel safely. Is that clear?" Yash's this abrupt reaction totally silenced Darshan.

Manohar pretty much assumed already what was going on. He shortly said "sure, sir" to Yash and "take care" to Darshan and left at once.

It was not a long walk from there, but Yash was totally another question paper for Darshan.
"Do you see ghosts all the time? Do they look scary monstrous, like blood dripping all over their body, eyes red, long nails?"

This time Darshan relaxed as the flirting stopped at least. Smiling, he answered
"Yes, if there is any ghost infront of me. And no, they don't look like scary monstrous or whatever you told, they simply look like humans."

"Then it's very hard for you to differ the ghosts from humans. How do you do this?"

"Oh that was a problem when I was child. I reached ghosts in crowd, taking them as human, then obviously became a weirdo for other people. But now I have to look once and I know, after all these years of practice."

"Wow! You're a scholar. Tell me can you hear them or talk to them?"

"Both."

"Hmmmm. Since you are here I'm thinking about the accident victim, the murderer. His ghost chased you, right? So, it would be easy to get testimony from the real culprit.
Oh! That reminds me, how did you escape from his grip? Don't tell me you have superpowers to kill ghosts too!"

Darshan's face darkened, in the dim streetlights it looked a little bit purplish, he answered
"No I don't have such kind of power, what happened today was mere luck, the ghost vanished and I was free"
Saying this he unconsciously touched his throat.

Yash noticed it and felt terribly sorry, he said
"I'm sorry, I should've chased him first hand, it's totally my fault that he reached to you."

Disappointment filled in Darshan, he said
"Yes, you should have caught him in the apartment. If you didn't warn him, he wouldn't even have come to the campus! Then you would have got a testimony from an alive culprit " anger rose in his voice.

Yash was stunned but recovering quickly, he said
"Look, he was a murderer, he had to be punished, the accident wasn't in my hands, right? Who knew that the accident would happen then?! But how do you know that I mistakenly warned him? Are you capable of more things?"

Darshan was about to answer, but he felt an odd atmosphere surrounding him, goosebumps rose all over his body. It was the same atmosphere, the same aura of dead, same chilling air.

Yash tensed, keeping his hand on Darshan's shoulder he asked
"Darshan are you okay? You are pale and sweating! "

Darshan didn't answer, he scanned the whole surrounding, they were already at the campus gate. He had an ominous feeling that someone was waiting for him. He suddenly said
"I've to go back to my room."

Yash stopped him,
"Wait, you aren't looking good, let me help you to reach your room."

"No, need for that, Yash."
Darshan answered shortly, his face controlled and somehow seemed sad to Yash. He kept the urge to hug Darshan to himself and said
"OK then take good care of yourself, good night."

"Good night Yash, sleep well." Saying this Darshan turned towards the gate and didn't look back.

Yash saw the man entering the gate and chuckled to himself, then he too left, he had a lot to check.

When Darshan entered his room, he held his breath, he almost thought the person to be the Death Lord but was surprised to see that it was actually the spirit who grabbed his throat earlier. Anger rose all over his body, he was about to say something but the spirit talked first.
"Don't be angry with me, sir. Please forgive me for my crime."

Darshan thought about saying a lot but could only say
"what are you doing here? say clearly."

The spirit answered with a confidential tone
"I'm here as a messenger of the Death Lord, sir. Here is a letter for you from him."

***************
So how will you feel if you receive a letter from the Death Lord ?! Scared? Excited?or like already dead?!

Let's see how Darshan feels in the upcoming chapter 😉
Stay tuned...........

Till then stay home stay safe and enjoy reading. 😊😊😊😊

Don't forget to Vote , Comment & Share .😊😊😊😊👍👍

                     ...... Anasuya Raj

2

5th May, 2020