4 : Mrs. Sinha & The Visitors

Exactly when Yash entered the Pran apartments, right beside the Utkalgarh University campus, somewhere else a more Fateful incident was about to happen. Mrs. Shweta Dev Sinha, a middle aged woman, still in her night gown was having her lunch. She was a doctor and last night she had to stay in the hospital as a night shifter which definitely she had not done for a long time. After returning home, freshing up herself, she went to bed. A few hours of sleep refreshed her a little, since it was quite late, she had to reheat last night's dinner and it was irritating her beyond her limit as she was never a fond of stored food.

Her look had never been a proof of her age. The caramel brown eyes with a high nose on a bit tanned round face with average body measure made her look like a deity; aesthetic, knowledgeable and also charmful. Her short length dark brown hair was tied in a ponytail. She was asleep for the whole day, and that was the strangest for her. Her tiredness never could restrain her from cooking, yet she was having last night's dinner.

"I haven't done night shifts for a long time. How could I sleep for so long? Look what I had to eat! ......"

Thinking about her strange sleepy day, she checked her phone quickly and there was no message or call from her son. Frowning at the screen, she immediately dialled Darshan's number and after trying thrice, she got more tensed as he was not picking up. So she dialled her most trusted person around Darshan and that was none other than Darshan's best friend Divya. However what Divya informed her, made her more distressed. Encountering ghosts had been never a problem for Darshan, but for last six months of his stay in Utkalgarh had made him upgrade a new skill; reading those ghosts' memories and this was the first time he had come across a murdered one. It might have been really hard for him to control those torturous emotions, yet she could only hear from far, not being able to do something for her son, made her really stressed and she lost her total appetite.

Just as she entered the kitchenette to wash the dishes, the doorbell rang loudly, bringing her out of her overthinking world. When she opened the door, her expression became astonished as a handsome gentleman in his mid-thirties, wearing a simple white tee shirt, an ivory jacket and pants, greeted her with a mild smile.

"Hey there my little ladybug."

"Dad! I'm already a mother of a young man in his mid twenty! I'm not little anymore." Shweta exclaimed while hugging the man of an average height.

Chuckling lightly, that man remarked "well, since I'm your dad and that obviously makes me older than you!"

At that very moment another soft chuckle was heard with a feather light voice saying "goodness! I missed your cheesey chatter!"

As Shweta broke the hug, did she notice that there was a tall, pretty, fair skinned woman in an ankle length white gown, standing behind her dad, still at the staircase to the threshold of the main door. That woman looked like she was in her early-thirties, her demeanour radiating a never ending elegance, her sharp warm brown eyes reflecting her strict yet warm heart. Though she looked well-versed, controlled, her fidgeting fingers were shouting another story.

Shweta's happy mood vanished into thin air, straightening herself, bowing slightly, she greeted "your majesty."

The small smile, playing on the other woman's face also evaporated as a stiff, reserved expression took over her features and the only present man knew that this meeting was going to be a headache.

Seeing neither of them responded well with the encounter, Shweta's dad had to bring them out of their stupor.
"Shweta aren't you going to invite us in?"

That got her attention and she immediately retorted "I dare not to." Saying so she moved away from the door frame to let the guests enter.

As she closed the door behind them, she added "since you guys didn't inform me about your visit, I can't arrange for any meal at this hour. Pardon me for the lack of hospitality."
Her tone clearly indicated that her mind was totally messed up.