Chapter Twenty-Three MJ

"Where's Peter?" I asked.

"He and his Team are going to go prank Dean during his live press about your entrance. They should be coming back any minute now, though," Able a Rebel soldier told me.

"Oh,"

"Why do you need to know?"

"I need to talk to him about something before we came here,"

"Maybe I can help,"

"No, you wouldn't understand. Thank you for telling me he's not here, I'll be on my way," I said and went to walk away only for Able to grab my hand.

"Unhand me now," I said.

"I just want to talk,"

"And I don't want to talk to you," I said before I removed my hand from his and punched him when he attempted to grab me again. He fell to the ground holding his nose, bleeding.

"Why is he bleeding?" I heard Fury ask when he came around the corner.

"Because he's an idiot,"

"I didn't know that idiocy caused people to just start spontaneously bleeding from the nose,"

"I think it's a new phenomenon, sir,"

"Most be. Get the fuck off the snow before you gen phenomena, you dumbass, and go to a medic,"

"Yes sir," Able said before he was gone.

"Nice punch,"

"You're not mad at me?"

"Nah, I was waiting for someone to punch him actually. Maybe it'll teach him to not be a dumbass,"

"I doubt it,"

"Stark will be returning in a few minutes. I hear you two have some. Talking to do," Fury said before he left me alone after dropping a key in my hand.

"Top floor last room," Was all he said and I was glad my face was flushed because of how cold it was before I was gone. I didn't have to wait long in Peter's room when he came in.

"What brings you to my room, Kitty Cat?" he asked.

"We need to talk," I said and he looked at me for a moment.

"And cue the panic of everything I've ever done since we've met and then some," he said and I let out a laugh at that.

"It's about what happened with Eric," I said.

"Ah. I remember you spewing a bunch of reasons on how I treated you and the other Hybrids as equals. My protective nature but still knowing when to back off. I agreed with him about murdering people and that I was fucked up in the head but I had a good heart. Or something to those lines and then some," he said.

"Well, yes but it was something else,"

"Uh," he said and I saw him frown for several minutes.

"Ya all that's going through my head right now is a giant error message and the Princess's reaction to her new hair color," he said and I snorted before I sighed.

"I know you probably don't want a relationship because of everything going on and you wanting your mental health in a better state but I," I said before I stopped with a sigh.

"It's pissing me off seeing nearly everyone flirts with you and I know you know about this. The tension between us. Fuck. I had this all figured out before but now I can't think of the words,"

"You not knowing what to say? That's not good shall I go-" he started to say but I cut him off by grabbing his collar, pulling him down, and slamming our lips together. Even though Peter was nearly frozen in shock, kissing him felt right. I pulled away after a few moments and nodded.

"I believe that said everything I needed to say and then some. I'll be taking my leave now," I said and went to walk past him only for me to gasp in surprise as I felt his hands on my waist before I was carefully slammed into the wall with Peter kissing me quicker than I could react. It took me a few moments before I started kissing him back as I pulled him closer.

"T-Tell me when you want me to stop and I will," He got breathlessly as we finally pulled back for air, his bruised lips already starting to heal. I grabbed some of his hair and crashed out lips together once more before biting his lip and pulled back.

"I don't want you to stop," I said as I jumped, wrapping my legs around him and he let out a throaty groan.