Chapter Eighteen

I was released in the morning which I was very thankful for.

"We're not here for a break," MJ said.

"I know Kitty Cat. Which is why we're going to school," I said as I pointed to Zeamonia Institution that was in the distance.

"Yay," They all said sarcastically making me, Star, Twelve and Lillian laugh some.

"If it's any consolation, we've already changed everything so that Team ARROW falls under our control as well," Star said making them perk up at that.

"While we're here. This'll be a good time for you, Kitty Cat to try and rally your fellow Hybrids to redo Nighthands or just start anew," I said and she nodded.

"Alright, let's go," Twelve said and I shoved his head some.

"Don't forget. Just because we're in the city doesn't mean we're safe. Keep your senses sharp. Moreso because of what's coming," I said making them all nod.

"Rude," Twelve said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Y'all hear something?"

"Nope, I think it might have been the wind," Miles said and I chuckled at that.

"I think you might be right, Miles,"

"I hate you," Twelve said as Star and Lillian laughed.

"No you don't, now let's go," I said and he flipped me off but started walking anyway. I shook my head but smiled. We all joked around some as we walked but I also could tell everyone was keeping their senses sharp.

"Hey, Pete," I heard and I looked down some to see Malia.

"What's up, Mal?"

"We came across some Ghouls we've never seen. Actually, some we've never even heard of. The last one especially," She said and I shoved a hand into my pocket.

"Once we're at the school, and in a training ground, you can show me," I said and she nodded.

"Thanks, Pete,"

"It's what I'm here for. How are you feeling?"

"I'm still a bit tired but not much. I still have a long way to improve my stamina and body strength,"

"You've improved greatly since I first saw you fighting back at Silver Valley. Being out in the field and training at SI have done wonders,"

"You were right when saying one day out here is worth a week at school,"

"Fight or die," I said softly.

"Honestly when this is all over, you need a vacation," She said and I laughed at that.

"I wouldn't know what the fuck to do," I said making her laugh.

"I'm sure you'd figure something out. You always do," She said as she pushed some of her hair back.

"Doesn't that get annoying? All that hair?" I asked and she picked up a strand.

"It does but I don't want to cut it myself in fear of making it look bad. It's so bland as well," She said and I tilted my head to the side.

"See, I can cut it for you, easily but if you want to color, I can't help with that,"

"You cut hair?"

"Ya, I did Aurora's when she was growing up. I've cut Lillian's and Star's hair before as well,"

"What? No," She said and I nodded.

"Oi, Little Light. Didn't I used to cut your hair?" I asked.

"Ya, can you cut my hair again later?" Aurora asked.