Chapter Thirteen MJ

I snickered as Malia and Aurora playfully bantered when our phones started to buzz.

"Peter's back," Indigo said.

"He saw his teammates," Malia said.

"And he's stormed out," Aurora said with a sigh.

"I'll go get him," I said since FRIDAY had sent me Peter's location.

"Drinking?" Aurora asked.

"Yep. I'll try and make this quick,"

"Okay. We'll go and give our report," Aurora said and I nodded before I headed to the bar.

"I don't know how he's still up and alive," The bouncer said when he saw me.

"Strong liver, high alcohol tolerance and he can heal himself,"

"Ah. He's at the actual bar. Fifteen in last I counted," He said and I shook my head before I thanked him as he let me in. I took a seat next to Peter who was chugging another bottle. I looked beside him to see twenty bottles.

"Even with your healing, this can't be good for your liver," I said.

"Maybe. Maybe not," he slurred out then he looked at me with squinted eyes.

"You cut your hair," He got out after a moment.

"It was going to get in the way,"

"Looks good,"

"Oh. Thank you," I said before we fell into silence as he slowly chugged bottle number twenty-one.

"'M sorry,"

"For what?" I asked.

"Making you come and drag me back, drunk as fuck. Especially after coming back from a mission," he got out after a few moments, his words slurring together and I cracked a small smile at that.

"You'd do the same if our roles were reversed," I said and he nodded before he looked to the countertop.

"Two years. Why now?" he asked and I knew he was talking about his teammates.

"Apparently, everyone who has lived as the next Vivian earns a special place in the Goddess's Garden. They all thank each other for their hard work as each one has done more than the previous against the fight with him. Apparently, they can choose to be reincarnated as a new soul, stay or they can use their last wish to ask the Gods something. Say, bringing people back from the dead. Star said Valk had to make a really good argument against the Holy Siblings and they both had to agree to it though,"

"Valk was always good at arguing," Peter said.

"Seems so if she got her wish to bring them back. Lillian said the last thing she managed to hear before waking up in the forest where we found them was a sentence and a prayer,"

"What was the sentence?"

"Two SWORDS are better than one," I said and Peter blinked at that.

"I. I believe I said that once in a meeting. I can't remember if I did or not," he said.

"Well, I'm surprised you can even remember anything at this point," I said.

"Har har," he said dryly and I laughed.

"Missed our banter,"

"Obviously, I'm amazing," I said and he chuckled before he fell silent for a few and I carefully looked at him to see he was slowly starting to be sober.

"Do you think I'm being a terrible brother by being here?" He asked and I was stunned by him asking me that.

"Aurora said she'd figured you would come here when you found out about them. We all did, honestly. I think you've been strong by yourself for to long. Even with your parents giving you a home, all you've known is fighting. Fighting you live before they found you. Fighting to stay in Silver Valley because of your age. Fighting with your team. Finding out the truth. Then losing both your parents and having to raise Aurora between missions," I said after a moment.