Chapter Nineteen

A couple of weeks later, I was sitting on the school roof with one of my legs draped off the side when I picked up on familiar footsteps.

"Is everything alright, Kitty Cat?"

"Just needed some air after training, studying and getting everyone to change their opinions on Hybrids and getting the Hybrids here to fight against Nighthands,"

"Ah. How's that last half going for you?"

"Easier than I thought since I just decided to just forgo rebranding Nighthands in favor of starting over,"

"Hm. What's the new group and what's your symbol?"

"We're still coming up with one,"

"Well let me know,"

"I will. Why you up here?"

"I've always like to sit up high. Feeling the breeze blow past some as your sitting still. Plus the view is pretty great. Great view of the city and people we are meant to protect," I said before I grabbed her hand and helped her sit down.

"You seem. Off. What's up?"

"Just thinking of everything that has happened in this past couple of months. The school falling, getting you kids to my childhood home, then meeting my actual mother, then to SI before missions were my team, people I called my siblings to come back from the dead, going on a mission with them then solos only for SI to fall then Ulric sending that fucking manic Quinten after Aurora. Finding out what's fixing to go on here. My nightmares and watching Aurora act like our mom, her growing into a leader, Valk saw her to be. Part of me wants to build a device that would make her stay a child," I said with a slight laugh before I sighed.

"She'd hate me if I did that though. The moment she unlocked her power and held a lighter version of my scythe, she was hooked, she knew what she wanted to be. I was supported in my dream of being a Hunter and if I refused her dream, I'd be a hypocrite," I said before I sighed.

"I never wanted her to know the truth because I'm terrified for her. I know I can do my best to protect her. Give her the training from hell, show her the right people to have contacts with but it doesn't make it easier for me since I can't be here every step of the way. I know she has you guys, team ARROW, and Lizzy as well. I guess I'm still just processing everything as well as trying to plan ahead and then some,"

"I get it. I may not have a sibling of my own but I get it. But you do realize, you're not alone in thinking ahead, right? You may call us kids but we're not anymore. We've lost. We've lost friends, family. Some of us, the chance to ever go home without the risk of being locked away. We've seen what it's truly like out here. One day out here is a week of school. That's what you've told us. You were right. We've seen ghouls we've never even heard about. We've become so much stronger emotionally, mentally, and physically out here then we would have in school. Malia is surpassing her family's expectations in strength, even going as far as changing the color of her family's hereditary power, something I imagine has never been done before. Aurora can finally hold her own and in some cases, beat a person in hand to hand without her scythe. Indigo she's on a level on par with Lilian in terms of her power after just half a year since you took us in, gave her Lillian's book before Lillian came back. I'd thought I'd never find a home again. I never thought I'd be emotionally, mentally, or physically ready to face Eric again. I almost died and lost my arm that night Silver Valley fell because I wasn't ready. But after months of training of learning who I am once more. I know I am because I know who I am now and I'm not alone in my struggles. Something I just can't seem to get through that thick ass skull of yours," She said and I chuckled some.

"You might have to beat into my head a few more times then but on the plus side, at least I'm not telling you this while drinking," I said as I glanced at her to see she had a small smile on.