Chapter Seven

"Ulric was once a kind and generous king. He lived in a time where Magic was plentiful and was a gift from the Goddess that everyone could wield. King Ulric did his best to keep his people from going to war against the other countries, but at last, he failed. During the war, King Ulric was separated from his men and deeply injured when he stumbled across a young maiden, who was blessed by the Goddess of Light and Love, her name was Vivian and it was love at first sight for King Ulric. Vivian nursed King Ulric back to health and along the way, she fell in love with him but soon it was time for King Ulric to go back into the battle but he promised Vivian he'd return for her and they would be wed," Isoi said and I said nothing as I watched the four of them listen and watch the truth be unfolded before them.

"After another year, King Ulric was victorious and left immediately to go tell Vivian. Vivian was overjoyed to see that her lover had returned alive and relatively unharmed and agreed to marry him once the Kingdom was put back into order. It took a year for the kingdom to be back to normal and he people celebrated as King Ulric was finally wedded to his love, their Queen, Vivian, a beautiful and kind being, who was blessed by the Goddess. But, after a year of being married, tragedy fell onto the lovers as Vivian became deathly ill. None of the healers, or medicine could have saved Vivian or their unborn child," Isoi said and I saw Indigo put a hand to her mouth in shock.

"How could the Goddess let this happen?" King Ulric sobbed out.

"King Ulric prayed to the Goddess that she would see the injustice that had befallen his love and child, so she would set things right. The Domin of Light was a sacred place. It was here the Elder Sister dwelled beside her fountain of Light and love. It was here, where mankind would fall to ruin,"

"Please. Bring them back to me,"

"I understand your pain, but you demand of me that which I cannot make so. Life and death are part of a delicate balance," The Goddess of Light and Love said as her ethereal form stood on the water, without as much as a ripple to indicate that she was there.

"So you won't do it then?"

"To Disrupt the cycle of-"

"But that's not fair? That's not fair!" King Ulric yelled his force echoing in the Goddess domain.

"Let. Them. Rest." The Goddess said before King Ulric was carried out by a swirl of golden leaves.

"No,"

"The God of Destruction and Chaos. None dare to enter his home, as men knew what monstrosities emerged from his blackened pools of annihilation. And so you must understand the Dark God's surprise when he found a lone man kneeling before him. King Ulric knew this well. He told him of his loss and professed that he knew only he could answer his prayers. All while careful to make no mention of his elder sister,"

"Rise child, and let your faith in me be rewarded," The God of Destruction and Chaos said before he lifted his hand and soon, Vivian was brought back to life and gently laid on the ground, her stomach indicating her pregnancy was just barely there.

"Where am I?! What is this?! Where am I?!"

"It's okay. Everything's going to be okay," King Ulric said but was soon interrupted by thunder and the Goddess of Light and Love, making an appearance in her brother's domain.

"What have you done?"

"I have done what I please, Sister. You may bask in the powers of Creation, but you do not own them,"

"And neither do you. This is not creation,"

"Do not lecture me!"

"I will do what I must, to maintain order," The Goddess said before Vivian glowed and was gone in a sad but beautiful display of color.