Chapter Twelve

I let out a soft sigh as I dragged my tired and sore body to the tower. I wiped my thumb of my blood and pressed the buzzer.

"Parker-Stark. Medical attention needed, stat" I said before the door opened. It was a blur of being poke with needles, my ribs were rebroken so they would heal properly and they were working on getting the rest of the poison out of my body.

"FRIDAY, you're being oddly quiet," I said.

"A lot has happened since you've been gone, Peter,"

"Hm. Like what?"

"I believe BOSS will be the best to answer that question,"

"Alright. How's their training?"

"Everyone has made outstanding progress. Even going as far as taking a few small missions that have ended in success,"

"That's good. Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Team ARROW with Lizabeth are training and Team SWORD is out on a mission but they'll be back in a few,"

"That's good," I said before I was cleared from the medbay.

"Thanks for taking care of me,"

"Your welcome. Thank you for allowing us to synthesize a new anti-dope for Ghoul poison,"

"Happy I could help," I said before I walked over to the elevator.

"Take me to Nat please, FRI," I said.

"Right away," she said and it was a silent but quick trip up. I knocked on her door before opening it and ducking the shoe, she threw at me.

"Love you too, Nat,"

"Why the fuck didn't you call to say you were coming back?!"

"Broke my phone," I said as I held up the scrap material of what was left of my phone. She glared at me before she sighed.

"Welcome back, you shithead," She said and I grinned before I noticed the other people in her office. I blinked slowly as I saw my old teammates.

"I. WHAT THE FUCK?!" I asked.

"So. Two months into your ghosting on mission, FRIDAY, KAREN, NOVA, and Ned, were being sent their codes and their signals indicating that they were alive. We went out and got them. Did full-on checkup and then some. It's them," Nat said in a calm voice.

"BULLSHIT!" I snapped.

"Peter!"

"I heard their hearts stop. I saw Twelve get eaten. I heard the sickening cracks of their bones breaking. I heard blood filling up her lungs and her internal organs. I had to hear them suffer and die without being able to do jackshit to help them heal. So right now, I'm either in some fucked up dream because of the fucking Ghoul poison I had in my system. Ulric has found a new way to fuck me over as one of the biggest fucking thorns in his side, or I'm dead somehow!" I said.

"They really weren't kissing when they said Peter's mental health had tanked. It's so dark in there," I heard 'Lillian' say and I glared at her.

"Get the fuck out of my head," I said in a dark tone as I forced her out myself and made sure to build a mental barrier up making 'Lillian' flinch.

"Pete," 'Star' said but stopped when I glared at her.

"You once wore a skirt to class because I decided to hide all your clothes and laid out one of Star's spare skirts out as a joke," Twelve said and I stopped at that. Only my team and a handful of people knew that. I glared at them once more before I threw what was left of my phone down and stormed out of Nat's office.

"Bottle of your strongest and keep them coming," I said once I got to the bar.

"Of course, sir,"