Prelude

For several centuries, abnormal creatures appeared and would terrorize the people. These creatures were soon dubbed, Ghouls. They were later classified into different groups. Attempting to study these Ghouls, isn't easy as after ten minutes after death, they turn to ash leaving nothing behind.

To fight back against the Ghouls, the Goddess of Light and Creation, gifted Humanity, the ability to protect themselves with special powers. Each power was special to that person, but as time passed, the powers evolved, creating the Hybrids. People born with animal-like traits. These Hybrids have heightened senses, can see perfectly clear in the dark and their own powers but they are not treated as equals. Most Hybrids are forced to do the dirty, unwanted work of the rest of Humanity, which caused a majority of the Hybrids to join together and form, Nighthands.

Nighthands was formed as a way for them to make peace and to find a way to be treated as equals. Like any group, not everyone agrees with the methods used, causing the first leader to step down and a new one to take place. The first leader's methods were peaceful, while the new leader's methods are violet and cause the rest of Humanity to continue to look down on the Hybrids in disgust. Well, most of Humanity at least.

To help further fight against the Ghouls, Hunters and Huntresses make their own weapons. Most are usually a combination of a blade and a gun. These weapons use special bullets made out of special material named Crystals. There are several types of Crystals. Fire, Ice, Water, Air, Dirt, etc. Over the course of several years, Humanity has learned to carefully combine these Crystals to make special powers and more.

Special schools were built, where future Hunters and Huntress can learn more in-depth about the History of the Ghouls, special training on how to make their powers stronger, as well as make friends that in time they will team up with to go out into the field. Not everyone does go into teams though. In these schools, it usually takes four to five years to graduate and be labeled as an official Hunter or Huntress yet there are times when special cases are made.

Not many know this, but it is possible to physically transfer your powers to another person. It's very rare as this is usually only done by special Hunters or Huntress's called The Guardians. These Guardians have the ability to use the powers they were born with as well as powers, that control the elements and more. Some Guardians, lean towards just one element but they can use all.

Only a select few know, but the Ghouls have a leader. Not much is known about this Leader, other than he appears to be unkillable and keeps helping the Ghouls evolve and making more unknown Ghouls. His goal is known by all, through the Ghouls alone. To make Humanity suffer and die.