Chapter Twenty MJ

Start from the beginning

"I'm here for Zeamonia and to establish a better Origination for us Hybrids. Not you," I said and he let out a mocking laugh.

"You are still afraid and you should be. I've made powerful friends while you've been away," he said.

"Oh ya? Where are they?" I asked with a smug smirk making him stop for a moment making me smirk even more.

"I know who your friends are. I know why Ulric wants you at his table. You've become his little bitch to help make his ploy of killing all of Humanity, which includes us Hybrids. You've become the very thing you've hated. A puppet," I said before I stood up straighter.

"Also for someone praising about having such good friends, that it's sad no one is fighting for you," I said and he looked around in shock as everyone in Nighthands was either giving up or was apprehended. He growled before he sent one last attack at me before he ran away.

"Don't," I said as a few students went to go after him.

"But he's getting away,"

"I know. Let him. We go after him and he's just going to pick us off. He's mine to deal with anyway and I will on another day. Protecting the school and the communication tower is way more important. I'll handle the backlash that comes from the police," I said and they nodded.

"Handle clean up and make sure you handle any ghouls that have managed to slip in with the panic,"

"Yes ma'am," They said before running off leaving me to go run to my team. I kicked someone away from Aurora before I stood next to her.

"She works for the Rebel Guardian. Same as the dude that the others are fighting. Where's Peter?" Aurora asked quickly while explaining the situation before I even had to ask.

"Dealing with another one of Ulric's bitches. Peter's SWORD?" I asked.

"There was a large number of Ghouls coming to the city that they said they would handle after the group in the woods. Lillian saw bombs and had Peter deal with them,"

"Hm. What's the plan?" I asked as Indigo and Malia ran up to us.

I nodded once I got the plan before we attacked until Peter flew in. He sent the girl flying with a harsh kick, one that made me wince in sympathy before she was gone as the boy ran up to her and they vanished from our view.

"Should we go after them?"

"No. We'll deal with them on another day. If there's a backlash, I'll take care of it. Are you guys hurt?"

"Nothing major. You?" Aurora asked.

"Nothing that a good nights sleep and food won't fix,"

"What about the big motherfucker you fought?" I asked and Peter let out a chuckle at that.

"Dead. Ulric is now officially down one follower," he said and we nodded before Peter's Team SWORD came in. We all smiled and hugged each other before Peter's team SWORD looked at all of us with proud smiles but Peter didn't smile.

"Alec didn't make it did he?" I asked and Peter shook his head.

"Did she steal his as well?" Malia asked.

"No," Peter said before he pulled out a crystal necklace.

"Alec stored the power in here and gave it to me but she wasn't there. The Artifact is safe," Peter said we all sighed in relief.

"Who's going to replace him then?" Aurora asked.

"That's what the necklace will decide. I know the next Guardian is in this room but I cannot see who," he said before he said something in a language we didn't understand but I saw Miles react before the necklace left Peter's hand and floated over to Miles.