46- How Coincidental

I paced around the hallway, about the rip my hair out. The amused chuckles didn't help my case. Even after sending short, intense glares, it continued.

"Reece, if you're not helping, I'm leaving," I whined.

He shook his head and pushed himself off the wall. "Bella, I don't know what to tell you. You won't listen to my real opinion."

"You think he's justified," I asked, but it sounded more like a statement. He nodded. "But, why? Why does he think I'm a little kid who needs to be supervised all the time?"

Reece scoffed as he shook the hair out of his eyes. "It's not you. We don't know what type of guy Ben is. He was just worried. The same way you were worried."

"It's different! I would've talked to him about it!"

He amusedly shook his head. "Nope. If I recall correctly, the mission began when you guys were dating and he didn't know about it."

I opened my mouth to argue but closed it. He was right. I totally forgot about that. "But Ben's not a killer," I meekly argued.

"How do you know?" Reece challenged.

I let out a huff of air. "I–I don't, but I don't think he would." Then again, I didn't think he did hard drugs but I was super wrong.

"Too much of a risk. The only reason I even asked you to do it in the first place was because you promised to keep me updated" –he gave me a pointed look– "which you didn't do." 

Gosh, he was still upset about going to Ben's mansion twice without telling him. I get it! It was incredibly stupid.

I shrugged. "It doesn't matter. I'm over him anyway."

"Didn't realize there was something to get over." Amusement danced in his golden eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "I just mean I no longer have my vengeance against him." Which was weird considering now was the actual time to be mad at Ben. As much as I tried, I couldn't be. In the end, I felt pitiful. He had such a shitty life that he needed to take it out on others and used drugs to help fill the void.

Reece's eyes analyzed my face. "Did you go to therapy or something?"

My jaw dropped. "What?" I squeaked.

"I just mean that you're acting... normal. Not like a creepy way you've been doing. But you seem so... satisfied? Content? I don't know."

Lighter. I felt lighter. Turns out, talking about your problems makes you feel like that. Who would've known?

"Thanks, I guess?" I laughed, then grimaced as I had a second thought. "How did Skylar take it?" As much I enjoyed ignoring her presence, I wanted to know. Plus I felt a little better after I learned she wasn't with Dean. Sure, she was in love with him, but she didn't have him.

"She doesn't really understand why you left."

"Do you?" I nervously asked. I didn't want Reece to think I was a selfish bitch, but without explaining, I see why he'd assume it.

He nodded. "Yeah. I know you, Bella, and I know you don't back down unless you have a legitimate reason. I'm not going to pry and ask what happened, but if he hurt you..."

"He didn't," I said before he could finish. "Gosh, you sound like Dean."

"I'm worried!" he said defensively. "Speaking of, have you decided what you're going to do?"

I nervously bit my lip as I thought about my plan. On one hand, I was so upset that Dean went behind my back again. I understood his reasoning but it sucked being left in the dark. On the other hand, I was being a little hypocritical. I did the same exact thing as him. We both snuck behind each other's backs.