2- More Assaults

AP Government, possibly the worst class I had. Mostly because it was painstakingly boring. Sure, we had to know about politics in order to focus our votes on the right issues, but I hated learning about it in class. Why did we need to know about the Articles of Confederation? We didn't even use it!

Jaz and Will seemed to think the same thing. We talked about our days so far, until the teacher called our attention. He began calling out attendance, then talked about the syllabus.

It's safe to say we zoned out.

"Psst," Will snickered, tossing a paper ball at me. I caught it and threw it back. "Monkey in the middle!"

I watched with wide eyes as they began tossing it over my head. At first, I didn't even participate, but they kept whispering insults until I finally caved.

"Loser."

"Chicken."

"Coward."

Those were just to name a few.

After getting annoyed, my hand would reach out to grab the paper ball every time they tossed it. Of course, I'd make sure to only do it when the teacher wasn't looking.

The paper left Will's hands and my fingertips grazed it, but it was too high. Jaz triumphantly smirked as she caught it with ease. I flipped her off and tried again when she passed it back to Will.

This went on for a little while, with me missing and all. We already knew I had terrible coordination.

But one lucky shot was all it took. It was like everything happened in slow motion. My fingertips grazed the ball, but I almost lost grip. Instead, I bounced it higher in an attempt to regrip it. It bounced several times.

But then...

Then, I may have accidentally hit it too hard. The three of us watched it with wide eyes as it flew across the classroom and hit a student in the head.

He sharply turned around to glare at the suspect. Both of our eyes widened at the same time. "You've got to be kidding me," he mumbled.

I awkwardly dropped my hand which seemed to still be in the air. Way to look innocent. I shrunk down in my seat, my face as red as a tomato. Beside me, Will and Jaz took the liberty of snickering in my despair.

You may be wondering, Bella, why are you so embarrassed? Why aren't you acting like your calm and cool self?

Because the kid I hit...

...was the same one who I accidentally pushed over and kneed in the balls this morning.

Yes, that poor kid had fallen victim to my clumsiness, again.

I wasn't even clumsy! I genuinely didn't understand why this was happening to me today. Usually, I was cool, relaxed, perfect. Today was so... ugh.

I blame it on my vibe time getting cut short.

The mystery kid sent one last glare at me before turning back in his seat. Jaz and Will were both high fiving at my terrible luck. At this rate, it was dumb to put on blush this morning considering it was happening naturally. All. The. Time.

For the rest of class, I kept my head down low. I wasn't about to risk embarrassing myself anymore. Who knew how it could happen? Hell, I could just walk and trip right on top of him. Seeing my sudden streak of bad luck, it was very possible.

One good thing did come out of this. The teacher never noticed.

When the bell rang, I made sure to sandwich myself between Jaz and Will so there'd be no chance of me falling. Even if I did fall, I'd take one of them down with me. It's revenge for being so mean to me.