7- What an Eventful Night

By the time the evening rolled around, I was bouncing off the walls with caffeine. I decided to the designated driver tonight as an excuse to not drink. In order to fight the exhaustion that would eventually hit, I downed two cups of consecutive coffee.

And man was it working.

I bid goodbye to my parents, who were joining us at the game later. I was going to pick up several people tonight. Well, only Dean, Emma, and Will. Jasmine wanted to drive so she could go with her girlfriend.

First I picked up my boyfriend - I loved saying the word - and explained to him the drama between the ex-couple before we had to pick them up.

"So basically, they were having one of their on-again off-again fights. Dylan and Will went partying and then woke up with a hangover and half-naked. Now, we don't exactly know if he cheated, but it seemed pretty logical. Also, it was technically not cheating because they weren't dating at the moment but it was hours after they broke up," I explained.

"But why were they fighting in the first place?" Dean asked.

I could only shrug in response. "She never told us. We just assumed it was over something small, like prom. Oh gosh, you weren't here for any of this. When prom came around, he wanted to ask her, but in a lowkey way. Emma obviously wanted more but-"

"Babe," he cut me off. I stopped talking and glanced over at him. "Look, as much as I enjoy hearing about them, I'm more interested in you. What happened while I was gone?"

I continued the route to Emma's house. "Oh, well, not much I mean. Andrew and I are friends now."

He winced but controlled his temper. "I've noticed."

I knew he was dying to ask more, but there wasn't much else to it. We were friends now, end of story. There weren't any dramatic fights or epic love confessions. I just slowly forgot my built-up anger with him.

"But what Dylan said..." he trailed as we pulled into Emma's driveway. I sent her a quick text, telling her we're here.

"Listen, what Dylan said was a load of bologna, okay? Don't listen to him," I sighed, not wanting to talk about him any longer. The last thing I wanted was to remember his hurtful words. "Hey, do you mind sitting in the back? Emma and Will can't sit together."

He raised his brows, completely disproving my earlier point. Dylan had said they both were going at each other's throats, which was the only true fact in his entire rant. Dean still complied and slipped into the back before Emma came skipping down.

"Hey," she smiled as she sat shotgun. "I'm so excited for this party."

"Me too," I lied. I wasn't excited at all. Skylar, the girl who was insistently flirting with my boyfriend, would be there. Sure, I knew I shouldn't be so insecure, but I couldn't help it. It didn't help that I didn't have a clue of what their previous relationship was.

I drove to Will's next. He was already waiting outside when I pulled up. He got in the seat behind me and I could see him eyeing Emma but not saying anything to her.

I began the route back to school. "Alright, so the plan is to leave directly after the game. I'm still giving you rides, right?" They all mumbled their agreements, letting me continue. "Perfect. I need you to keep your phones on you and please text me if you leave with someone else so I don't go around the whole house looking for you."

"Aw, look at Bella being the responsible one again," Emma cooed.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Wasn't that always Jaz though?"

She had a thoughtful look on her face. "Yeah, I guess. I don't know. It's so weird, everyone's acting differently." So I wasn't the only one who noticed.