[45]

[POV ~ Antonio]

The doctors finally came out, they removed their medical gloves as they held their clipboard.

I had refreshed myself ahead of time, I stood up from my seat as the doctor removed his glasses.

"Are you, Mr. Smith?" The doctor asks, I nodded.

"Well your doctor is lucky to be only shot in the shoulder, she appears to be in good psychical health, as for her head, she must of fell hard to receive bruising, she didn't lose much blood." The doctor explains.

I was internally celebrating, she's alright, she made it out fine!

"May I see my daughter?" I asked, "Not at the moment, she's recovering" he responds.

"Mr. Smith, I advise a therapist for her due to the trauma" he continues, I nodded.

"when can she be discharged?" I questioned, I haven't seen my daughter in forever it seems.

"in a couple of days or so" he responds.

"Thank you, Doctor." I said earnestly.

My baby is gonna be alright, I never been so scared in my life, as for Zach.

I will find out what to do, but perhaps he's right, he wouldn't want his sister to be gone, so I'll just have to learn to forgive him.

No one got severely damaged or hurt, perhaps their mental stability is unstable.

Today I finally went home to get changed and refresh for when she wakes up.

I found myself standing outside of her bedroom, I sighed as I walked away and went down to the kitchen and made myself a shot of coffee.

[POV ~ Ellie]

I opened my eyes as I was met with bright white lights, then I saw I was hooked up on some IV's and I looked down to my shoulder and saw some bandages.

How long has it been since the incident?

Then I heard the door open revealing a man in white lab coat with some clipboard.

"Hello, Miss Eliana, how do you feel?" He asks as he pulls up a swivel chair next to the hospital bed.

"I feel okay" I responded, I was feeling really emotionally drained, I just want to be back in my bed and sleep.

"when can I be discharged?" I asked, "you need to rest for a few more nights but after that you're free to go" he responds, then my mind trailed to Grant.

"How is Grant?" I asked, "Ah, Mister Grant is fine, he's waiting till you recover to visit you" he responds.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate hospital food, and as for entertainment it gets boring, finally the day came and I was able to get discharged.

My father visited me couple of times and he looked like he hadn't slept in a whole day, or a week.

Today he came and he looked refreshed and well rested, then he pulled out a Chanel bag and my eyes immediately lit up.

"Daddy thank you!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around his neck while he had his arms around my torso seeing as I was still sitting on the bed.

"Now go get change so we can go out to eat" he says which I nodded and he exited the room.

I slid off of the hospital bed and pulled the outfit out, it was a checkered skirt with denim jacket along with a booty for shoes, and a black top.

It was so cute! Dad really has the best of fashion taste.

After I got changed I met my dad outside of my room, then he pulled me into a really tight hug as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Baby I miss you so much" he says before releasing me, "I'm alive aren't I?" I joked, i never want to be near any guns in the near future or guns at all.

"Alright let's go" He says and we walked out of the hospital after getting checked out then dad opened the door for me.

He really sets the standards high for boys, like how am I suppose to get married if none of them do what my father does?

I pity the boys then, I happily got in and dad drove out of the parking lot.

It's amazing just how one thing can lead to another, why did Zach do that to me?

I was mulling over so much that I didn't realize dad had been calling for me, "Huh?" I responded.

"how's your head?" He asks, "It's alright, but dad can I ask you something" I replied.

"sure anything," he says looking at me in the eyes, "Why did Zach do that..?" I asked whispering, because I didn't feel like crying.

Dad had taken a deep breath and closed his eyes for a few seconds, "I'm not sure baby." he says sadly.

"then is he still considered my bodyguard?" I questioned, I mean sure everyone makes mistakes but as far as wanting someone dead is really bad.

"well he will be suspended" dad responds.

By now we made it to this luxurious restaurant, The limo parked and the chauffeur opened the door for us as we walked out.

I admired the chandeliers, and the aquarium lights, then the receptionist led us to a remote table.

I seated myself as I kept on thinking why would Zach do that? did he hate me that much?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had managed to eat our lunch in a pleasant silence, I guess dad was pretty stressed that I could've been killed, because since we arrived back home, he had upgraded security and I'm not allowed to see my other bodyguards until I'm fully rested, dad now has more bodyguards posted by my door, and the entrance of our home, are we in danger or something?

[POV ~ Antonio]

It had been the best moments of my life, just seeing my daughter out of the hospital made me happy, but during the ride to the restaurant she was more quiet and less talkative.

I felt sad that she had to go through that at such a young age, I don't even know how to break it to her that Zach did it for his little sister, and she told me that his sister died in some sort of crossfire, but now I don't know what to do.

She'll hate Zach even more than she already is, I don't even know why I'm defending Zach, maybe because if I was in his position I'd do the same for Ellie.

We had gotten back to the mansion, I made sure to have every security by a door close to Ellie's room or any area she occupies, it seems that I gone over the top, but I'm just lucky that she only got shot in the shoulder, if it were to be her heart, I would've gone ballistic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were watching a movie for tonight, I grabbed extra blankets and some popcorn, she had leaned into me as I wrapped my arms around her making sure not to touch her shoulder in case she is still recovering.

A/N: GUYS I KNOW THIS CHAPTER SEEMS RUSHED BUT I WILL SOON BRING THIS BOOK TO AN END.
I Have many requests to work on my other published books and I' like to just get started. Anyways Please be patient for the Finale!