[19]

Antonio's POV

"Alright Florence. Since Ellie is adopted. Isn't there a way to rid of Henry's custody he's been abusive towards her" I said.

"Really? This is the first I've heard of it. No one has reported that to me" Florence said.

"Right.. Well as a social worker they need a better environment and a better home" I reasoned.

"Sir, I can't simply lift the custody unless he's been caught doing something he shouldn't" as Florence was saying that i couldn't help but clench my fist.

"Okay well he was a Financial Manager for BlueTech. It is said that he was fired from his job due to alcohol and gambling." I started to say as i slid the evidence towards her. she then opened the file and looked over,

"Well?" I said tapping the ground with the heels of my shoes,

"Yes we could use this information." She says, which earns a sigh from me

"However. He would need to agree" She says.

"But he is a deraged abusive human now" i angrily say in disbelief of her words,

"Sir. I'm only doing things by law. The only way this will work is if the biological parent files a petition to have the custody terminated" Florence explains.

"The parents gave up their right to be her parents. How should they have a say?!" I slammed the table with my fist.

"Sir. I can take the child away from Henry Locks and have her in your care." She says.

"About time you said something useful" I sat back in my seat.

"May I know who her biological parents are. I already have a doctor that is taking DNA tests" I said.

"It's forbidden against the law to say who the parent is." Florence says.

I cracked my neck then I closed my eyes.

Calm Down Antonio It's not going to work if you demand.

"I understand. If it's a closed adoption like you said. If I get the law to help to unseal the information I will win custody over her" I said.

"Yes that's correct. If you can get the law to help. Then Please do so. I don't like the thought of her being in custody of Ellie as well" Florence says with a sigh.

She seems to know something that I don't...

"why are you sighing?" I asked.

"Well. I was the one who brought Ellie to the orphanage upon the birth mother's request" Florence explains.

"Then you surely know who she is don't you?!" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes. I do. But even If I tell you. The mother signed a pre adoption form for Ellie. She died on the table" Florence says.

"Then how the hell am I suppose to get the birth mother to reverse the custody" I gripped the arm chair.

"Sir. this is something you should find out by yourself. I can't answer that to you. But I'll put Ellie in the system and you may adopt her then. But before you do so. The answer is inside this. I haven't looked but I think it'll help." Florence says and she gives me another document casually sliding it to me then stands up.

"It was good to meet you." she said and walked out of the cafe.

Can't answer...! Who does she take me for.

I was searching for answers.

But if the birth mother died.

At least if Ellie is in the system I can adopt her.