[18]

Antonio's POV

I made it to my bedroom and turned the shower on, while waiting for the shower to warm up I threw my jeans off and discarded my jacket into the dirty hamper.

I probably should get the couch cleaned...As I thought of the events that had taken place moments ago,

"Alexa call Mary" I said while I was scrubbing my hair.

"Calling Mary" Alexa says in her usual robotic tone.

"Mr. Smith what can I do for you?" she asks.

"Mary I understand it's a bit late but  I would like you to thoroughly clean my couch" I said.

"Yes. Of course it's not a problem" Mary says.

"Thank you. I'll give you triple the pay" I said then I told Alexa to hang up.

after taking my shower, I had turned the knob off and stepped onto my white fluffed up rug and dried my hair as I grabbed some loose pants to wear.

I had left my room just to check on Ellie and to see if she was sleeping okay, I quietly opened the door to Ellie's Room.

I saw that she was sleeping horizontally and had the blankets all over the place which I stifle a laugh and knew she was sleeping soundly. .

I carefully went over to her bedside table and saw she had a smile on her face.

I didn't know what she was dreaming but I was glad she wasn't having a nightmare.

I caressed her cheek I gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

Then she began to mumble something so incoherent, that i tried to listen to what she was saying but it was unsuccessful

I got walked away from the bedside and made my way to the exit.

*****

I woke up at 5am and I did my normal exercise.

After 30 minutes of intense exercise I went to take another shower.

Mary had the couch cleaned and it smelled like the day I bought the penthouse.

I sat on the edge of my bed and I received a message from my mother.

I opened the text. -son we should have dinner together soon, now did you see what I did?-
I chuckled,

She started with son and ended with soon.

She really needs to get a hobby instead of coming up with cringe worth jokes.

I just didn't understand how she can miss my father.

Heck I didn't shed a tear for him at all.

-mom it's great to hear from you. And yes we should get together perhaps next month? I' got my hands full- I sent.

Then I put my phone on my bedside table.

About an hour later.

It was 7 in the morning now.

I went and knocked at the room Jenna was residing in.

She opened it.

"I'll be taking off. Tell Ellie that I had urgent business to get to" I said.

She was still half asleep but she nodded.

I didn't trust that she would remember so I wrote a note and placed it on Ellie's door.

I grabbed my jacket and closed my penthouse door.

"Cortez I found out Henry Locks isn't Ellie's biological father" I said while I hit the ground floor in the elevator.

"I just heard from Mat. he arrived at my clinic with his groin hurting and it was quite a sight" Cortez laughs.

"About that. Ellie may of hit him there unknowingly" I explained.

"That kid sure is something. Remember her next appointment is June 24th" Julian says.

"Yes. I'll make sure to mark it in the calendar" I said.

Then I walked into my car and I put Julian on the car's bluetooth.

"Mat and I will look into Henry Locks" Julian says.

"Right. And could you also look into Julia Locks" I said.

"Of course. Also I presume you are going to ask for a DNA screening?" Cortez says.

Yep he was on point.

"Yes that's exactly what I wanted you to do" I chuckled as I made a left turn.

"Cortez. I'm meeting with the social workers about adoption forms. I'll phone you later but I need to talk with Mat" I said.

"Alright. Take care drive safely" Cortez said. 

I clicked the end call on my steering wheel.

I selected Mat's number next.

"Mat. I greatly apologize for what happened yesterday" I said.

"Hey it's cool. I could see why you are so taken to Ellie" Mat laughs.

"That is true. But somehow it's like a invisible pull towards her" I chuckled.

Then the traffic light turned red.

"Yeah I visited Julian and said about that Henry isn't her actual father" Mat begins to say.

"Yes I just called him a few moments ago" I said still waiting for the light to change to green.

"Right, well I managed to dig up information on Julia Locks. She was a barren" Mat said.

The light turned green.

"A barren? Then how is Ellie conceived?" I asked.

"I don't know man. This is a pretty hard investigation. Like I can't trace who Ellie's real parents are" Mat continues.

"Who knew that a child would make my life a bit more exciting" I sarcastically said.

"Indeed. So we know that Ellie was adopted prior to Julia's death" Mat proceeded.

I turned right and I parked by the cafe.

"Mat I'm meeting with the social worker. Maybe they'll know" I said.

"Alright. I'll continue to dig some information" Mat said.

I had ended the call seeing as the building was in front of me now, so I I turned the car off.

Walking up to the building I opened it and the aroma of coffee and cookies lingered the cafe.

While looking around I saw the black uniform of the woman's voice.

"Greetings" she said as I took my seat.

"Hello" I said a bit short.

"I found some information that Henry Locks is not her actual father" I said setting the documents that Mat gave me.

She scanned it over.

"Yes I know. He and his wife weren't able to have a baby so they adopted Ellie when she was only 8 months old. It's a close adoption" The social worker says.

"How should I address you" I asked.

"Just call me Florence" The social worker said.