[14]

Antonio's POV

I suppressed my annoyance when I saw Jenna standing at my door.

I unlocked my door and motioned Ellie to head in which she did.

"Jenna what are you doing here" I asked.

"Antonio, I really need a place to stay and I'm ashamed to ask my parents" Jenna says but I heard her voice crack at the mention of parents.

I didn't bothering asking.

"Fine. My daughter seems to have improved a lot from the first time I met her" I said.

"However. If you make my daughter cry or even upset I will have you out of my place" I warned.

"Thank you Antonio. I have been thinking I really want to get to know Ellie" Jenna said.

This is the first.

She has no interests in children but since she said that sincerely I guess it wouldn't harm anything.

"Alright well come in I have a conference call at 4 so it would be good if you kept Ellie company" I said and I gestured her to come in.

"Antonio again thank you so much. I won't let you down" Jenna says.

I nodded.

"Jenna, for your first task I would like you to babysit her for tomorrow I have business to attend to" I said.

"Of course. Just write down the do's and don'ts" she says.

Wow Jenna really is committed.

Is her situation that bad? I offered her a glass of wine then Ellie was desperately calling for me.

Me and Jenna walked over to her.

She was radiating with excitement.

"Look Look! There's eggs!" she exhilaratingly said.

I knelt to the tank.

"Really?" I questioned then she pointed to where the eggs where.

And she already did the math by counting with her fingers saying we'll have four turtles once the two eggs hatched.

She was so innocent I just couldn't believe she lived such a rough life.

Then Jenna spoke up.

"What are their names?" Ellie pointed to Shelly then Sam and the unborn turtles.

I was surprised she knew what the genders where.

"Ellie how did you know which is a female?" I inquired then she explained how a female has a short tail.

I was triumphant at how smart she was.

"You're very smart" Jenna says.

I looked at her she really meant it.

Then what Ellie said next made me smile with delight.

"Just like daddy" she returned her concentration on the turtles.

I pulled a footstool.

"Ellie I want to talk to you" I said.

She leisurely turned her attention to me.

"This woman is Jenna. She'll be staying with us till she can get back on her feet okay?" I unhurriedly explained.

She made a I-Don't-Like-Her face. I chuckled.

"She promises to be nice, besides you'll be in charge of keeping her in check" I ruffled Ellie's hair.

"Then okay!" Ellie beamed.

"Atta girl" I said and I looked down to my watch it was 3'O clock.

"She'll play with you okay?" I said and I gave Jenna a look 'don't do anything stupid'
She nervously nodded then I got up and put the footstool back and made my way to my office room.

I organized the documents and set them on my table.

I had time to spare and call the interior designers. Interior Co.

"Hello valued customer" the other line said.

"Hello Janet. I would like to have your crew come over preferably next week to redo a room" I said.

"Oh okay what's the room sir?" Janet asks.

"The room is going to be my adopted daughter's bedroom I will send you what she likes" I said.

"Ohh! Excellent I can't want to see the cutie!" Janet exclaims through the phone.

"She is very shy and doesn't like too much noises but I have Jenna to keep her distracted" I said.

"Alright thank you for calling" Janet said.

"Also there won't be a budget as long as it is luxurious for Ellie" I said.

"Ooo thank you for the name I'll make sure to make use of the name" Janet says.

"Alright well message me when you'll arrive as of now I have a conference call" I said and I hung up.

I put the office phone down and accepted the conference call.