[9]

Ellie's POV

I did it.
I had asked Antonio if he would be my daddy and which he said yes.
Then he called me 'baby girl' which made my face heat even more than before.
After an hour having little talks with him I fell asleep and it was good slumber.

I was dreaming that Antonio signed the adoption forms and I was being handed over to him then I saw my father standing at the door and this time I wasn't scared my new daddy had chased him away.

I smiled warmly at my dream.

Then I heard noises ahead.

Then it got closer it was a female's voice.

But I was still half asleep then I heard my father saying dick I didn't know what that meant and me being always curious I rubbed my eyes and looked at my father.

"What's a dick" I questioned.

Then he said "no, no, daddy said stick" he explained.
he considers himself my daddy!!
He's going to be the best.
I decided that he probably said stick. But I saw the woman and I became silent her presence I wasn't fond of.
She was laughing when my father was explaining what he said to me.
Then I saw my daddy give her a glare which shut her up.
So I had tried to imitate what he was doing which I saw him crack a smile a little.

He was holding me and then the woman raised her voice which triggered me.

I was in hysterics then the woman was forced to leave.
I didn't like being yelled at or hearing people yell.
Then he said that the turtles was lonely and wanted to see me which I got really excited.
I raced to the tank and I picked up the turtle who was still hidden in its shell.
The  when I placed it on my palm it began peeking itself out.
I gasped.
"Daddy Daddy" I excitingly said, unaware of what I just called him, but he still came and asked me  "what is it princess?" he asked kneeling to my level.

"Daddy this turtle came out of its shell!" I said.
This was the first time I talked without having anxiety issues.
I think my selective mute is slowly going away?
"That's amazing. Do you know why the turtle came out?" Antonio asked.
"My mama said that it comes out when its ready" I responded.
But I looked back to the turtle.
Maybe it connects to me? Mama said I was her turtle so am I finally coming out of my shell?
"When its ready for what?" daddy asked.
"When it feels safe" I replied and I continued to stare at the turtle.
The turtle was like me.
I had been locked up in my shell because I didn't feel safe but Mama said I was her turtle.. But she
probably meant my growth.

I sighed.
"Princess  what's wrong?" he questioned.
"Mama said that I was her turtle.. But I don't think I'll ever come out of my shell" I said giving a long sigh.
"Why would you say that? Do you not feel safe around me?" he raised an eyebrow.
It has been a 3 days since I met Antonio and he was constantly by my side he never left my side.
"No no I feel safe around you." I said.
"Then you've came out of your shell right?" He said.
"I-I-I don't look 5 years old"  I stammered.

edit: 4.19.21