[37]

edit: 4.20.21

ugh boys I tell you ... *sigh*

Ellie's POV

Today is the day I'm going to stake my claim on Aidan.

It was recess and Kyle was waiting for  Raevynn as I stood up on the playground floor which was connected to slides.

I saw Evelyn walking out with Aidan holding hands, I internally threw up.
Because that's when I saw Red.
Evelyn was standing face to face with me, and Kyle was the witness.
Aidan was placed beside Evelyn.

"Why did you call us here?" Aidan asks.

Okay time to put on my best act...

"...Aidan I approve of your relationship with Evelyn I just didn't accept it because I thought you wouldn't see me as your best friend anymore" I explained with puppy eyes.

Then Aidan stepped forward from Evelyn, "Ellie... am sorry for being a bad best friend, I guess you were just looking out for me." Aidan responds which was not what I was expecting.

I pulled Aidan in for a hug and that's when things went downhill...

Evelyn separates us as she stands close to my face now.

"Stay away from my boyfriend, I don't care if you are his best friend you cannot hug or touch him!" Evelyn practically screeches.

"you don't own him" I fought back, then I received a hard slap across my cheek I knew it would bruise... it gave me flashbacks of when I got abused, suddenly everything happened so fast she shoved me down the slide and I saw black.

*******
That's how I ended up in the nurse's office.

I couldn't shake away the feeling of being kicked in the stomach and the fact Henry abuses me.

It was all resurfacing, then a few moments go by and I see father making his way.

I felt shameful, I kept my eyes to my interesting shoes and the tears threatened to spill.

Then daddy came to console me and I just remained quiet.

*********

The entire car ride daddy kept trying to get information out, but I felt so vulnerable if I told him how I got a trigger about HenryLocks.

So I didn't respond.

*********

I explained to him about what happened and only to have him laugh in my face.

This was not only insulting, it was humiliating! My own father laughing at a lousy EXPLANATION for why I have a bruise on my cheek.

Daddy apologized but I was so heated with anger I got up from the couch and clutched onto my ice pack as I raced up the stairs not bothering to check if daddy would follow or not.

I was in shock, how could daddy just laugh at me like that? I wish he listened to me more seriously!

I plopped on my bed as I wiped away the angry tears.

what I realized more is that Aidan never stopped Evelyn from shoving me...

I think the last I saw was Raevynn and Kyle hovering over me as they called a teacher over.

I never thought I would get hurt by a person the same age as me!

I was hoping daddy would open my door and sit on my bed as he would try to beg for my forgiveness... but he never showed up.