[3]

Image above is what Ellie thinks of Antonio

Revision edit: 4.19.21

Ellie's POV

I became relaxed knowing that the man wasn't going to harm me, now I was wondering what his name was, he was exceptionally handsome, almost a god? I didn't know what these feelings I had was, part of me hoped he would adopt me or at least not leave me.
while he was changing me into comfy,
"name" I asked, while  I put my arm through the armhole,
"I am Antonio Smith" he replies again with that warm smile, finally someone who looked nice.
I was afraid that i'd get attached to someone just for them to leave...
Antonio led me out of the bathroom and this is when I realized that the bathroom was connected to the bedroom I stayed in along with the big closet.
soon after my stomach was gnawing,"You must be hungry" he says remembering something.

Antonio showed me to a big long table.
The last time I've seen one of these is when mother was still alive.
I made an attempt to get onto the chair then I heard him chuckle, I felt humiliated, i couldn't reach the chair.
"Let me assist you" he says as he placed his hands on my waist, just like that I was able to be seated.

while happily seated, i realized the table was above my eyesight, Antonio must of noticed cause he began to ramble on about how he needs to buy some booster seat for me, then he picked me up by my arms, i cause I got accustomed quickly to being held by him, so he walked over to a really cozy looking area. It had a bookshelf and had a small table.
Antonio placed me down, so I made my way to the small table, I wanted to thank him for everything but he left before i could say anything.

"It'll do for now. I'll make you some food" he says turning on his heel,

sad that he left, I got fixated at everything.
There was some sort of tank looking thing.
curious, I walked up to the tank, and noticed there had been turtles!
2 of them!
fixated on the turtles i didn't realize that Antonio had came back and proceeded to ask me
"Do you like turtles?"  I been focused on the turtles, he startled me, so I nodded.
My mother read me books about turtles she was saving up to buy me a pet turtle but then she passed away.
I wasn't given information on how she died.
But she did.
looking away  from the turtles and I saw a plate of a pancakes and blueberries. it was how mother would do them, have the blueberries sprinkled on top, and glass of milk.
"You may play with the turtles after you eat alright?" he said picking me up and setting me on a small footstool.

"Mama why do turtles have shells?" I asked.

"Well you see the shells are like their home. It protects them from harm" my mother replied.

"Mama why do turtles hide in their shells?" I asked.

"They hide in their shells because they don't feel safe to come out. Until they are ready they come out" my mother explains.

"Mama am I like a turtle?" I asked.

"Yes. you are my turtle. You are just a little slow at growing but once you are ready to come out of your shell you'll blossom" my mother gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I obeyed Antonio's orders.

I picked up a fork and began to cut the pancake.

It's been 2 years since my mother died.

I really miss her.

Mama never told me why she died, she didn't even say goodbye, tears began to form, and it rolled down my cheeks this was the last meal she made me before she had to go to work.
"Ellie?" I heard Antonio say.
forgetting that the man was present, I rubbed my tears away, and simply said "thank you" eating away, so a few moments later, i couldn't help myself from listening in, "Yes I'll bring her in now" I heard Antonio say.

My blood went cold, I don't want to leave,

Is he going to bring me into social services? If he does....

Then I have to face my father and... No I don't want to...
I pushed my plate aside, being petty I stared at the ground upset that I formed a bond with someone whose going to give me away.
So he had put away his phone, and noticed at how little I ate,
"Ellie you barely ate anything" he says, upset.

"I just got a call back from the doctor he told me that he wants to meet with you" Antonio said.
my face turned red, and realized that I shouldn't be assuming, so he wasn't going to turn me in.
I still wasn't hungry anymore.

Antonio lifted me up and we made it into his car.
It was really nice.
Everything he owned was nice.

I was beginning to think if he was some sort of rich person?

grammatical transitional~ 4.19.21