[2]

ANTONIO's POV

I decided it was best to take a lunch break before I do anything I regretted.

Then while the traffic light turned to red and we were able to cross.

A little girl that looked no more than 3 years old bumped into me.

For some reason she didn't look up but then she turned her attention to me.

The look in the girl's eyes was fear.

She reminded me of myself when I had been under my father's care,

The small girl was in a trance but after  a brief eye contact she ran away as if her life was in danger.

After she ran away another man came and he huffed.

It looks like he was the one chasing her.

But before I let him run.

I stopped him.

"Who are you" I asked him roughly.

"Who are you" he repeated a question clearly he has been drinking.

Then it dawned on me.

While I was busy pondering the man escaped.

I turned around and I followed him but it seems he found the girl from before.

I threw him a punch, the small girl was freezing and her hair was a mess.

The man I punched was knocked out.

I made my way to the girl.

I picked up the little body.

She was light as a feather if there was any strong winds she surely would be blown away.

I made it back to my penthouse I had called my PA to let him that I won't be showing up to the meeting.

My life was very boring then somehow there was something about this little girl.

She made my life more interesting.

I went to a guest bedroom I placed her on the bed she was still asleep.

I went out of the room and made some calls.

I wanted to know who that man was or what his intention was for her.

When I had changed her out of this rigged clothes she was bruised everywhere.

I grimace she had it worse than me.

My father just smacked me he never loved me but somehow before he passed away he told me that I would make a good father.

At that time I found it hilarious.

Now here I am looking after a girl I merely met by chance.

I didn't have much clue to what size clothing she would wear so I asked my housekeeper to buy some toddler clothes, so I had put them in the guest bedroom quietly while she was snoozing away, after exiting the room I I called a buddy of mine that happens to be a police chief of NYPD.

"Whad up bro." he said on the other line.

"Mat I need you to check in on a girl" I said.

"You only called to ask for help again" he sighed.

"Antonio I need more of a intel like what is the girl's name" Mat continued.

"Some help you are" I said and then I heard movement from in the room.

i was glad to see her up and about, but unfortunately she was afraid of me.
her uneasiness was obvious, i thought of some way to break the ice,

"What's your name?" I inquired trying to sound gentle and friendly as possible, i never been good with kids.

The little girl didn't respond she was just standing there nervously.

I exhaled, "I'm not going to hurt you" I said kneeling to her level.

But I guess I was too much in her face and she stepped back.

"Do you not have a name little one?" I gently asked.

She was really little, and she almost smiled at the nickname i gave her, i made a mental note of that.
she started to talk but it had been inaudible. .

"What is it?" I softly asked and she spoke a little louder, "Ellie"

"Ellie. That's a pretty name for a pretty girl" I said smiling at her.

Her face was a mix of confusion.

"Do you know where your parents are?" I questioned but she looked conflicted.

"Dead" she said after a few minutes.

even though she's so small, she has seen things children shouldn't. which breaks my heart for her, because the sight of her made me want to protect her. i knew better than to pry into someone's life, after all she is a child.

"Are you hungry?" I changed the subject but she shook her head.

I've noticed that from the little interactions we had she wasn't very talkative.

But I wasn't sure if she truly meant it.

"Are you sure?" I cocked an eyebrow then I heard her stomach growl.

Ellie looks like a skeleton and people may think I'm abusing a child.

"Let's get you cleaned" I said now that she was awake.

I gently grabbed her hand but she flinched I knew all to well of that feeling.

"I won't hurt you" I said again.

Then she slowly took her hand and I guided her to a bathroom that was located within her room.

Wait did I just claimed that was her room? Come on Antonio get yourself together.

"How old are you?" I asked when I motioned her to have a seat on the chair while I prepared the bath.

I saw her counting with her fingers. "Five?" I retorted she was too small to be 5. Most of the five year olds I"ve seen are at least to my waist that's how tall they are.

But she made it to my knee. "I'll get you checked up with a doctor" I said I wanted to make sure I know her health conditions.

The tub was quarter of the way full so I shut the facet off.

I don't need a child I just saved end up drowning under my care.

I wanted to make her feel comfortable so I grabbed a bottle of bath bubbles.

She was definitely a curious child.

I rolled up my sleeves my servants weren't at work yet.

Judging by how fragile she looks she can't possibly bathe herself.

"Can you bathe yourself?" I asked turning my attention to her.

She shook her head.

I figured as much.

"My helpers aren't here at the moment, would you like me to give you a bath?" I gently asked.

Placing a fresh set of towels to the side. She slowly nodded her head.

I made my way to her and I slowly stripped the clothes I dressed her in.

It made my blood boil seeing the amount of bruises I clenched the shirt before throwing it on the floor.

She had bruises running to her stomach.
without realizing i was staring for too long, she looks down in shame which brings me out of the wrath I was in.

i began to place her in the tub, and started giving her a bath, then quickly it came to an end and i dried her off.

I already pre-picked out an outfit for her to wear.

It was a simple mickey mouse top and pair of gray leggings.

edit: 3.2.22