Chapter XIX

The commotion coming with Jungkook and a few of his men entering the apartment building didn't go unnoticed. Some daring people opened their doors and asked what was going on, only to get told they shouldn't be concerned.

As soon as Taehyung picked the lock of Jimin's door, Jungkook barged in with his gun in hand, loaded and ready.

"Jimin!" he shouted, frantically looking into every room in the hall. The scent of Jihyun was irking his nose, and it made him sick.

But then the tangy smell of blood caught his nose. Fear stung his chest as he stumbled into the living room, only to fade into shock upon what he saw.

Jihyun lay on the floor in a puddle of blood with a bullet wound in his chest.

Jimin, on his knees, a pistol in his hands, eyes staring blankly.

Jungkook sucked in a breath and dropped his weapon. He ran to his mate and took the gun from him. He threw it away, out of Jimin's sight, and wrapped his arms around him.

"You're safe, Baby," he mumbled, his eyes brimming with tears. Jimin was shaking and didn't say anything. "Don't look." He turned the blond's head to rest against his chest, shielding him from the dead body.

Taehyung jogged into the living room, gasping when he saw the Park Alpha out cold on the floor. Jungkook gave him a look, and the older one nodded, motioning the rest of the men to prepare to clean the place up.

Jungkook turned his attention back to his lover. He caressed his hair and pressed kisses on the side of his head, trying to make him calm down.

"Jimin, my love, talk to me," he said softly.

"J–J–Jungk–kook..." Jimin stammered, almost too quiet for the raven to hear.

"Yes, I'm here, Baby. You don't need to be afraid anymore." Jungkook took a deep breath when Jimin let his scent out. The utter comfort that the lavender held helped him relax his tense shoulders.

"I–I k–killed–" A sob raked through the Omega's body.

"It's going to be okay, it's going to be okay," Jungkook promised, burying his face in Jimin's neck to scent him.

The smell of blood made him pull back. The Alpha's eyes widened when he noticed a wound on the male's deltoid muscle, right on the top of his shoulder.

"You're wounded," he said calmly, even though the sight made him panic. "Let's get going. We'll be home soon."

Jungkook hoisted the trembling Omega up, who right away hid his face in the man's neck. They stayed like that, flushed together for the whole ride to the mansion where medics had already been alerted.

Everyone gathered in the first-floor living room, Jungkook right next to his mate as he pressed soft kisses on his bandaged shoulder. Jimin was still shaky, his glossy eyes unfocused on the floor. He couldn't look at his mother, too ashamed of what he had done.

Mikyung was having a hard time holding back her tears. She was relieved her son was back home, but the sheer emptiness in his eyes scared her.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Junghoon asked. He could see how distraught Jimin looked, and even Jungkook looked sullen.

The Omega tensed and bit his lip, fists digging into his knees while he contemplated what to answer.

His mate noticed this and pulled the blond closer, mumbling comforting words into his ear and caressing the top of his hand. The shaky breaths stopped for a few seconds before Jimin spoke up.