Chapter XIV

Morning rose calmly for Jungkook. Having the comforting weight of his mate on top of him made the man grin in his sleepy state. Inhaling deeply, he pried his eyes open to see Jimin was looking at him, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Your hair's a mess," the Omega giggled, his shirt falling off from his left shoulder to expose his mating mark and soulmate tattoo. "Little cutie." Jimin nuzzled against the boy's chest.

"Morning, beautiful," Jungkook rasped, nose scrunching as he yawned. He made a kissy face and chased the elder's lips while the other laughed, trying to wiggle away.

In the end, they wound up making out with Jimin trapped under the Alpha. It was just starting to get heated when Jungkook's phone dinged. With a groan, the male pulled away to reach for the gadget on the nightstand.

"What is it?" the shorter asked, his hands sliding up and down the other's naked torso while he ogled at the toned muscles. His wolf loved the sight, and so did he. He was deprived of his mate's touch. And they hadn't had sex since his heat.

Jimin had always thought of himself as an independent person due to the lack of affection in his childhood. He liked to think he was fine by himself. But having Jungkook around him made him realize what it felt like to have someone who cared so much. He didn't feel like he was just an Omega, but a person. Jimin appreciated that a lot.

"Your mother will be questioned," the Alpha said, reading the message that his father had sent him. "I'm sorry, but it's necessary," he continued, looking back to his mate with an apologetic pout.

Jimin hooked his hands around Jungkook's neck and brought him down to plant kisses on his cheek. The younger dropped his phone on the mattress and melted into the touch, an arm sneaking around the man's waist to have him closer. Jimin's lips worked up to Jungkook's ear, tugging on the lobe and piercings gently to make him let out a low growl.

"They're not taking her to that horrible underground place, right?" the older asked, shivering slightly when the Alpha nosed his neck.

"No. She's currently staying in your previous room, and the questioning will be there. Do you wanna come with me?" Jungkook asked, mouthing the Omega's skin slowly, giving some teasing bites along the vein and Adam's Apple.

"Can I be there? Your grandfather–"

"Whether he likes it or not, you are a part of my family. He will not be able to break our bond no matter what he does. Father spoke with him, I hope." The Alpha looked deep into Jimin's eyes, a quick flash of possessive red taking over the usual black of his orbs. "You're my mate, my soulmate. He cannot take me away from you nor the other way around." Jungkook leaned down and captured the elder's lips into a long and passionate kiss.

As soon as the couple entered the lilac bedroom, Jimin ran to his mother, who sat in the embrasure. He hugged her and sat next to her, looking up carefully to find Jungkook's grandfather watching him with an unreadable expression. Jungkook took a seat in an armchair close to the Parks.

The eldest Alpha was about to start talking, but the young raven lifted his hand and shot his grandfather a look. Junghoon observed his son carefully, a glint of proudness in his eyes at how well Jungkook was acting in the situation.

"Mrs. Park, are you feeling okay?" Jungkook asked the woman, showing her a calming smile. She smiled back before sighing softly.

"Yes, thank you for asking, Mr. Jeon. And please just call me Mikyung," the lady requested and then shook her head, tightening her hold on Jimin's hand.