Epilogue: Finale

Wow, finally, here we are! The finale of this book that's been in the works for way too long, but procrastination is the game's name, and I'm a gamer.

This chapter is comprised of snippets from throughout the story and beyond, some scenes short and sweet, some way longer. Formatting this thing was hella annoying, so I do apologize if there are any errors regarding that.

Well then. I hope you enjoy reading this final epilogue to complete Unexpected Us, a project I've been slowly working on since April 2017.

One day after mating

Jungkook felt elated as he woke. It took him a short moment to realize where he was, but when he did, a wide smile took over his lips automatically. Jimin's beautiful lavender scent surrounded him, the man in question sleeping with his head on his chest. The Omega was snuggled up to him, small hands gripping Jungkook's shirt.

It was the second time he had woken up next to his brand new mate, but this time Jungkook felt calm and warm, and there was a fuzzy feeling in his chest. His wolf let out satisfied growls as it curled around its sleeping Omega. The Alpha buried his nose into the blond mop of hair and inhaled deeply. The scent cleansed his soul.

Jimin stirred, a small whine leaving his lips as he nuzzled against Jungkook's body in his sleepy state. The raven chuckled and cradled Jimin in his arms, gently flipping them around and laying the other in the sheets. He wanted to scent him.

Jungkook towered over the smaller male and just took a second to let his gaze take him in. Jimin's wavy hair, puffy face, and long lashes falling on his pinchable cheeks. His plump lips were ajar, showing a slightly crooked front tooth. The Omega had his arms up to frame his head, making the blue shirt he wore ride up his stomach. If Jimin's heat hadn't drained everything out of him, Jungkook would have become aroused.

The man still let out a quiet growl, not able to contain the possessive gesture. He quickly fought off his wolf that tried to step in out of excitement. Jungkook didn't want to overwhelm the other with his inner beast or haste actions. He needed to do his best to treat his mate right after all he had done; the yelling, the accusing, the cruelty. He had to be much better and prove his worth to this man.

He lowered his face into Jimin's neck and rubbed his nose against the scent gland. He breathed in the calming smell as he worked to replace the lavender with jasmine. His eyes closed in feel-good pleasure.

Jimin let out a small groan as he stirred from his sleep. He tilted his head out of instinct, presenting the expanse of his neck to his new mate. He opened his eyes but quickly shut them when he felt soft lips nip at his scent gland. The quiet whimper he let out was embarrassing, but the action in all of its simplicity felt so good. He could feel Jungkook's hands grip his waist underneath his shirt, fingertips burning against the bare skin. The Alpha's breath was hot, and the tongue grazing his neck gave him goosebumps as he arched his back, desiring to be closer. He moaned once more, and a dollop of slick gushed out of him. Both of them froze, and Jungkook pulled away quickly.

"S–sorry," he stuttered, the tips of his ears reddening as he looked down at his Omega. He went overboard and didn't control himself well enough. "I... sorry."

Jimin's cheeks also had a red hue as he gazed at the other from under his lashes. His heart skipped a beat at the sight of this Alpha, messy dark hair framing his handsome face. "Why are you apologizing?" he asked. The big hands remained at his waist.

"I got carried away," Jungkook said, looking down at his hands and pulling them away. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

"I'm not uncomfortable." Jimin reached out and took hold of the Alpha's hands, not letting him escape further away.