Chapter X

"Ilhoon, please! I beg of you!" a middle-aged Beta woman pleaded frantically, following the said man who walked down the hallway of the big mansion. "It's the only thing I'll ever ask, please, save Jimin!"

"Why on Earth?! It's easier for me if the Jeons kill the brat! It's his fault for getting captured. He should've been more careful. He's a weak-minded idiot," Ilhoon shot back, glaring at his mate.

"But Ilhoon, please!" The lady's eyes filled with tears, and she was holding back a sob. "I'll do anything, even sign the contract on Jihyun's drug trade!" She wanted to save her eldest son from the evident death in the hands of the Jeons. This was a nightmare for her.

Ilhoon stopped walking and turned to face the Beta. She stood a few steps behind him with her makeup smudged from the crying that had started as soon as she heard the message her mate had received from the other mafia.

"Here's the deal, Mikyung. You'll sign the contract and fetch the drugs, I'll arrange that helpless Omega here."

"A–alright, I'll do it," Mikyung gulped. She didn't want to partake in these crimes, but she would do anything for Jimin's safety. Even put herself in danger.

"Good. Now, leave me, I have some stuff to do, and I can't stand hearing your ugly cries so early in the morning," Ilhoon growled, turning on his heels and marching away.

Mikyung let out a broken sigh and leaned against the wall, relief and worry clouding her mind.

"He doesn't deserve all the pain he has to suffer," she mumbled, hot tears spilling from her eyes once again.

Two weeks later

It was late evening in the Jeon mansion. Jimin and Yoongi were having a sleepover in the younger's room, much to Jungkook's irritation. The Alpha looked at the two Omegas conversing in the embrasure, his tongue pushed against his cheek, a pout on his lips when his mate turned his head to look at him.

"You look so jealous I'm kind of dying inside," Taehyung laughed from his place on the couch of Jimin's room, quickly covering his face when Jungkook launched a pillow in his direction. Jimin giggled and got up from the embrasure. He skipped over to his Alpha, who sat on the armchair and plopped onto his lap, nuzzling into his neck.

"You're so cute, Jungkookie," he teased, kissing the boy's cheek. Jungkook wrapped his arms around the Omega's waist possessively, scrunched his eyes at the smirking Yoongi who sat next to Taehyung, and threw his limbs on top of the younger.

"Don't call me cute. I'm twenty-one and an adult," the youngest reminded, shooting a glare at his grinning lover. His birthday had been a couple of days ago, and Jimin had pampered him to death, not that he complained. He got a full day of cuddles.

"You call me cute all the time, and I'll be turning twenty-three in a month," the smaller stated, raising an eyebrow at the Alpha. Jungkook whined like a small pup.

"But you are different!" he claimed, nosing Jimin's neck and growling from the back of his throat as the other three laughed at him.

The four young adults conversed into the late hours of the night before the Alphas got kicked out. Jimin kissed Jungkook's frown away, and Yoongi was pulled into Taehyung's warm hug before they waved their hands and closed the door, locking the two others outside.

"I'll crash in your room for tonight!" Taehyung announced, grabbing hold of the younger's shoulders and pushing him upstairs.

"No you fucking don't!" Jungkook protested, trying to get rid of the other's hands.