Chapter XI

It had been a week. One painful week without Jimin.

Jungkook was gutted, horribly crestfallen over his Omega. He hadn't shed any tears, just blood from his knuckles when he had beaten the shit out of twelve punching bags. It was his fault. He hadn't protected his mate well enough.

The anger kept him awake at night, and his wolf kept him on his feet during the day. The Alpha was tired, but he couldn't sleep. Whenever he fell asleep, nightmares of him losing Jimin woke him up. Then, he found himself pressing his hand against his marks, praying he would wake up to find Jimin back in his arms.

When awake, thoughts involving Taehyung and Yoongi came up. It took three days until the Omega came to and for the Alpha to smile. It had been hard for Jungkook to see Taehyung so depressed. Having the older smile even a little made the darker Alpha sigh in relief.

Jungkook hadn't spoken with his father. He didn't trust himself not to lash out. Whenever he saw his grandfather, the Alpha really needed to hold himself back not to kill him, slowly and painfully. What he did was unforgivable. Jungkook didn't understand how he was even capable of bringing his own descendant that kind of pain.

The week without Jimin and not knowing his condition had been hellish. Jungkook wouldn't be able to continue this for long. The desperation was eating him alive.

Jungkook was sitting in an armchair in Taehyung's bedroom, fingers crossed as he stared into emptiness, contemplating what to do and how to go against his superiors.

The elder Alpha was sitting against the headboard of his bed on top of the light green sheets with Yoongi cradled in his arms, nuzzling into the soft mint hair and inhaling the sweet strawberry. Even though he felt bad for his best friend's loss, he was happy his boyfriend was to heal fully. The wound in his stomach was still aching, and the Omega took meds to help the pain, but otherwise, he was okay.

Only physically, though. The man was worried sick about Jimin, which was fucking up his mind with concern and fear. Luckily, he had Taehyung who could hold him. He shivered at the thought that Jimin was alone. He felt terrible for Jungkook, too.

The atmosphere was tense in the bedroom, and it had been quiet for the last ten minutes before Jungkook's phone buzzed.

"God, that startled me," Taehyung breathed, brightening up just a little when he felt Yoongi smile against his chest.

The younger Alpha fished out his phone and frowned when the notification showed a message from an unknown number. It had a video attached to it.

"Who is it?" the elder Alpha asked, interest dripping from his voice as the other had stared at the screen for a few moments, eyebrows scrunched.

"I dunno, unknown number." The man got up and walked over to the bed to his two friends, biting the inside of his cheek as he showed the screen, not yet having unlocked the device. Taehyung shrugged, twisting his mouth, but Yoongi squinted at the numbers closer, frowning worriedly.

"Wait. Wait, wait," the Omega mumbled, freeing himself from Taehyung and reaching for his own phone. Scrolling through his very few contacts, he stopped at the one he had most frequently used. "Give me that." He snatched Jungkook's phone and took a look at the number.

"You know who it is?" the older Alpha asked, hand finding the other's waist as he studied the man's unreadable expression. Yoongi bit his lip harshly as he made sure the number was the same over and over again, concern creeping up his spine.

There was something seriously wrong, and the Omega could feel it deep in his guts.

"It's Jimin."