Chapter XIII

Ilhoon pointed the gun at Jimin's head quicker than Jungkook could react.

A shot was fired. Then another one, not a second after.

A bullet rang from behind Jungkook, but it traveled right past him, toward Ilhoon.

The Park Alpha dropped to the floor while clutching his chest, pressing on the fresh and bleeding wound.

Jimin was frozen, fear pulling him into a void of terror as he breathed rapidly. The bullet Ilhoon shot had hit the wall two inches off his head.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung shouted, holstering the gun he had shot the Park leader with. He ran toward his best friend, who stood in shock, cold shivers running all over his body. "Are you okay? Oh shit, Jimin!"

Jungkook snapped out of it at the mention of his mate. Without even realizing it, he was already running to the Omega with shaky legs, the revolver tucked on his belt.

"B–Baby," he whimpered, ripping the spit-soaked cloth away and wrapping his arms around the trembling boy and holding him. "I got you, you're safe now, I'm here," he said like a mantra, trying to be as gentle as he could in his desperate state. He pressed Jimin's head into his neck, where his scent was the strongest even through the failed suppressant.

"J–Jung–kook," the smaller one tried to speak, his voice hoarse and small. "Ch-chains..." He was out of breath.

Jungkook shouted for Namjoon, and the Beta was by them the next second, already digging through the backpack for bolt cutters. The Alpha murmured comforting things into Jimin's ear as the pink-haired male cut the chains.

The Omega fell limp into the raven's arms, and the man lowered them carefully to the floor before cradling him and hugging him flush to his chest. Jimin cried intensely, trying to find purchase in his mate's safe embrace. Jungkook also let out a couple of tears of relief, nose pressing against the blond's neck even though Jimin's scent wasn't out.

The Alpha had never felt this way before. The amount of weight that lifted off his heart was so huge he could burst.

Seokjin and Hoseok were crouched next to the Park leader's dying body, observing the man who was still laughing even though the pain he was experiencing would make him lose consciousness soon, leading to a cold death.

"Is Jihyun," the Alpha began, having to stop in the middle of the sentence to cough up some blood. "still alive?"

"Be glad, you piece of shit. He only got wounded before escaping," the eldest Beta spat, voice full of hatred toward the disgusting man who had harmed his cute Omega friend.

"I would be careful if I were you. He has... problems," Ilhoon whispered, letting out a groan from the pain that was tearing him apart.

"So do you," Hoseok scoffed, kicking the Alpha's hands away from his chest to replace them with his foot. He pressed down, and Ilhoon winced. "How could you do this to Jimin?"

"None of your business," the male hissed, baring his teeth at the Beta, but he immediately mewled when Hoseok pressed his foot down harder.

"You're getting away with this pretty easily, just dying here with such pitiful pain. Jimin has suffered so much with you, and you'd deserve the same," Jungkook then said, walking toward the dying man with the revolver in hand. Namjoon was kneeled in front of the Omega, holding the younger's head against his chest after wrapping a felt around him and giving him water. Jimin pressed his hands over his ears, the Beta doing the same for him to block out what was happening in the room. Jimin didn't need to hear it.

"You're pretty scary, pup Jeon. Won't you scare little Jiminie with that face?" Ilhoon cackled, not caring about the pain anymore.

"I wouldn't. I have a heart for my loved ones, unlike you, you monster," Jungkook growled, the image of his mother flashing in his mind.