Chapter IV

Jungkook sipped on his caramel macchiato and looked outside of the café window to the busy street as people walked by. Mothers with their pups, couples with their fingers laced together, friends laughing as they talked. Life from that side seemed so safe, so normal, so boring.

Jungkook was upset about Jimin. No surprise there. He didn't want to be, but had his mind worked rationally with the Omega before? No, so why would it be any different now?

It had been a few hours since the interrogation and the incident with the Park. Jungkook didn't understand why his wolf felt so bad about harming an enemy. To be honest, the Alpha wasn't sure why Jimin affected him in such a way, not just his inner beast. He tried to deny it, but deep down he felt horrible for having hurt the Omega.

"Kook, are you even listening?" Taehyung sat in front of him, kicking the younger's shin to get his attention.

"Ouch! Fuck you, you bitch," Jungkook groaned, kicking back and gritting his teeth. Taehyung just showed him his tongue before taking another sip of his iced vanilla latte. Jungkook scoffed and proceeded to look outside.

There was a small pup who had dropped her ice cream and was now crying over the treat. Her mother was crouching next to her, trying to make her stop wailing. A dog was running loose, its owner chasing it with a worried, apologizing look on his face as he ran past people while trying to catch it. A seagull flew above a group of friends, a smiling girl suddenly flinching, and with a disgusted face started screaming at her friends who were laughing at her. People had such futile problems, nothing compared to the pressure in the mafia.

"So," Taehyung started, setting his cup down and smirking at the other Alpha who looked at him expectantly, slight annoyance detectable on his scrunched eyebrows. "What's your deal with the Park? You have been... how should I say, frustrated since he arrived. Is it sexual tension I'm seeing– Ow!" Jungkook smacked Taehyung's head with a rolled newspaper, wanting the older to just shut the fuck up about the Omega he was trying to push out of his head, although with no avail. It felt like the small, cute boy had left an imprint on him already. And he couldn't get rid of it.

"You didn't deny it! Jungkook, are you whipped for Jimin?" Taehyung teased, dodging another hit sent his way by the raven who was glaring at him, eyes sharp and piercing. He had a facial expression that would scare every other person in the café shitless, but the elder knew what a softie Jungkook could be. And he wouldn't hurt Taehyung.

"U–Um– Excuse me?"

A voice next to them made the Alphas snap out and look up. A waiter was standing next to their table, lip between his teeth and a worried look on his face. He seemed hesitant as the two Alphas were now boring their eyes into him.

"Yes?" Jungkook asked, putting down the newspaper as imperceptibly as he could. Taehyung was straight up staring.

No scent, a Beta, then, Jungkook thought.

"I–I'm very sorry to disturb you, but I couldn't help but overhear some of your conversation. Was it be about Park Jimin? An Omega male? Blond hair? Are you talking about him?" The man's voice was almost desperate.

"Yes, we are!" Taehyung blurted out, making the waiter turn his head toward him, eyes glimmering. Jungkook shot the older a look that could murder.

"Y–you are?! Do you know where he is?" The guy seemed a bit hectic and looked at Taehyung with a hopeful expression. The Alpha didn't answer, understanding the severity of his slip-up, and glanced at Jungkook, waiting for him to take charge of the situation like he was trained to do. He was going to be a mafia leader, after all.

"You're his friend?" the younger asked, and when the waiter nodded, he started talking. "Jimin went on a trip, he left this morning. To Italy. Did he not tell you?" Jungkook took out his phone and opened it, briefly showing the male a picture of a flight ticket. His father had sent him the photo to tell he was off. Great luck.