Chapter XVII

Jungkook, Taehyung, and the rest of their team were in a bar downtown, having a small celebration for the successful trade. They would get a grand sum of money from the Italians in exchange for the weapons, and Jungkook considered it a great personal victory for himself.

But he was still gloomy, had been ever since he fought with Jimin. He forced himself to concentrate during his leading duties, but as soon as everything finished, his mind drifted to his mate. The raven would need to apologize to him.

"Hey, Kook, why so down? Aren't you happy?" Taehyung patted the boy on the back, sipping on his beer while eyeing him. The younger had been staring at his drink for a long time, swirling it around, untouched.

"I am, I am... 'M just anxious to get back home," Jungkook said, finally lifting his glass to take a sip. His eyes stayed fixed on the opposite wall.

"Alrighty then. We'll head back as soon as everyone's had their drinks," the elder announced a bit louder for the whole team to hear. The men nodded and raised their glasses to salute Jungkook.

The raven smiled at them, proud of all of them.

Taehyung was laughing at something Jungkook had said amidst their drinking when his phone started buzzing in his pocket. He wasn't drunk, just tipsy as he pulled out the device. A smile spread on his lips.

"Yoongi hyung! I missed you! We're coming back–"

"I missed you too, but that's not important at the moment. You need to come back right this second." Yoongi hurried, and he sounded out of breath as if he had been running.

"Huh? Is something wrong?" the brunet asked, eyebrows furrowing. Jungkook was listening to him talk, the quick change of tone in Taehyung's voice making him feel uneasy.

"Jimin is gone. Fucking gone. No one has seen him in two days, and I can't find him anywhere. I'm gonna lose my fucking mind if you aren't here in five minutes."

Taehyung's face dropped, and the younger Alpha saw that. The man ended the call with a few short words.

"You okay? You look pale–"

"Guys, we need to go now." He stood up, but everyone just stared at him, surprised by the sudden switch of his mood. "Now!" the man almost yelled, effectively getting everyone up from their seats.

"W–what's going on?" Jungkook questioned as they quickly paid for their drinks and got in their van. "You're worrying me, Taehyung. Talk to me."

"Jimin is missing."

"WHAT?!"

It was like Jungkook's world crashed once again. His Omega, his mate, his life, was taken from him again.

He spent the rest of the ride staring out of the window, a wave of emotions blitzing in his mind. A cold sweat broke on his skin, and his heart was hammering. His hands were shaking.

"I know you're in a horrible place right now, but try to stay calm," Taehyung said softly, placing his hand on top of the younger's and squeezing, trying to comfort his shocked friend.

The raven didn't answer but still closed his eyes and did his best to steady his breathing. He needed to think clearly for Jimin's sake.

The team arrived at the Jeon mansion, immediately meeting Yoongi in the front. The brunet Alpha engulfed his mate in a tight hug, seeing right away how distressed he was. Jungkook's wolf was howling, trying to look for its significant other.