“Why would you want to move though? All of your friends are here and your duties require you to be here.” Paige looked pained at the thought of me staying and her leaving.

“They require me to be here but not live here. It’s like having a job. I come and I go. Easy as that.” I pushed away a piece of hair that had fallen on her cheek before continuing. “And I want to move because the thought of not being with you is unbearable. It’s not even a possibility. You know I would follow you anywhere because I love you.”

We both caught our breath at the declaration. It was the first time the either of us had said it to each other but it felt right. I knew it was true with every fiber in my body and I was glad that I had finally admitted it.

“What?” Paige finally broke out of her daze.

“I love you. So, so much. You’re strong and beautiful and intelligent and incredibly amazing. I don’t know what I did to deserve such a wonderful mate but I’m glad that I have you.” My voice rang with conviction.

“You-you love me?” She still seemed to be in shock. I chuckled and nodded before kissing her softly.

“I love you more than anything else in the world.” I murmured. Paige broke out into a glorious smile as tears filled her eyes.

“You have no idea how good it feels to hear that.” She said quietly. “And just to let you know, I love you too. I have for a while now; I just wasn’t sure how to tell you.”

“That’s easy. Just like this,” I leaned down and kissed her once again before murmuring the words I know I would say everyday just to see her smile. “I love you.”

“I love you.” She whispered back, repeating my words.

“I think,” I murmured as leaned my forehead against her own. “That we should go out tonight in celebration.”

“Celebration?” Paige wrinkled her nose as the word.

“You don’t think that we should celebrate that we’ve finally confessed we love each other?” I raised my eyebrow as she thought it over.

“It is a big step in a relationship…” She trailed off before shrugging. “Alright, I guess we can do something tonight.”

“Great. It’s a date!” I grinned wickedly as she rolled her eyes and glowered at me. I’d learned that she detested over used, clichéd lines and she hated when people purposely rhymed things. I always got a good laugh out of it when I could do both. I couldn’t help the fact that she was just so appealing when she was mad.

“I know you get off on it when I get mad so I’m just going to let that one slide.” Paige smirked triumphantly.

“Okey dokey.” The smirk dropped her face as she glared at me.

“Still not mad.” She replied icily. I resisted the urge to frown and tried once more.

“Whatever you say Pay.” I never called her Pay or any other nickname but I wanted to see how long she could go before cracking.

“Not bothered.” She ground out as she walked away from me to begin lifting some clothes into a box.

“That’s great love dove.” I was sure I had her on that. Along with cheesy lines and rhyming, she hated really corny and sickly sweet pet names. She tolerated honey and sweetie but that was about as far as she would go.

“Love dove? That’s a new one.” She didn’t turn around as she spoke. I frowned in disappointment. Was she really not going to get mad?

“Cat in the Hat?” I ventured. She let out a soft laugh and faced me.