Chapter Twenty

Começar do início

I never hit or miss, he know I always come through (Through)
Show up looking like my photo, keep it full proof (Proof)
When you call me, know you know just what I'm gon' do, gon' do

"Yeah my baby know that I deliver! Heads up baby!" Normani shouted as she threw a nugget at me.

"What the hell Mani!"

"I'm delivering food to you," she mumbled innocently. "That's exactly what I'm gon' do."

I started laughing at the same time that I was trying to swallow the sip of water that I had just taken.

"Oh shit, are you okay baby? Don't die on me. I still wanna go cliff diving with you." This time one of her fries landed in my lap. "I know you got the message, I deliver."

"Babe stop making me laugh!"

She smiled, "alright I'll chill. Is anyone else there yet?"

"Mila, Vaea, Naki and Fetu. Oh and Beck, Lauren and Ally as well. And the rest of the bridal party. Parents are arriving tomorrow, the rest of the guests will arrive in time for the rehearsal dinner on Friday, wedding's on Saturday and you're leaving me on Sunday."

"Your flight's right afteer mine. What's the plan for the bachelorette party maid of honor?"

"Well today we're going to the beach with the boys, and you're going to jump off the big rock in the ocean with us. Then we're going snorkeling."

"You told me that story when we got off the plan on purpose, but continue..."

I shrugged, "I'm sneaky. Anyway, what's a bachelorette party without short dresses and heels? So we're going out tonight, I've got the hangover packs ready for everyone. But we're having dinner first at this amazing restaurant that Naki and I went to the first time around that we were here. Tomorrow morning we will be at the spa recovering, and we will spend the afternoon and night camping. Tane's suggestion. He's Fetu's brother and best man. They like camping and shit. Apparently Naki likes it too, but I think she just does it for his sake. Anyway that's it. Is that boring? I feel like it might be—"

"–relax babe, it'll be fun. Except the cliff diving. Jury's still out on that. Remind me to call my lawyer to update my will before we head out."

"Mani stop, you'll be okay. I'll be right there with you."

"Yeah that's not exactly comforting." She tapped the steering wheel. "I can't believe you invited Lauren, Ally and Beck to deflect suspicion from us. Everyone at the office thinks we're really good friends."

"I didn't, Beck is Naki's stylist so he was going to be there anyway. Naki and Ally are friends, so she got invited obviously, and Lauren's writing a story about Hawaii."

"Fair enough."

"Oh Mila asked if we can stop by the store and pick up some stuff. I think I saw a target on the map. We should drive past it in ten minutes, let's stop there?"

"You're the boss for the next few days babe."

"Really? does this mean I get to order you around and watch you do whatever I say."

Normani made a face, "for the record, I don't do that to you at all."

"You don't but let's pretend you do so I can feel better about bossing you around. Anyway, while we're alone, can we talk?"

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?"

"I feel like things have been weird between us since brunch with your parents."

Normani sighed, "yeah you've been avoiding me and spending a lot more time with your friends. Which isn't bad, I'm not saying ditch your friends for me, but it's hard not to notice that you're doing it to avoid me."