I Can Do This

When I first started this book I was going to kill Mugen and have Sarasi end up with Neagan but I just couldn't bring myself to do that to Mugie 🥺
________________

I can't do this.

But I had to.

It was a stupid idea I saw in a movie. There's no way I can do this.

But I'm going to.

But seriously, I can't do this.

I counted 1 minute and 26 seconds to scrubbed whatever dirt and blood I could get off my body within that time frame. 30seconds to put on the boyfriend T-shirt and boy shorts that Ariel brung me.

Good thing I made Matt and Trey leave because the way my ass hangs out of these shorts.....

Focus!

I raced under the bed and tied the sheet onto the knob of the closet door. I so badly wanted to stop and catch my breath but I couldn't. It was like something unknown took over my body.

The only thing it knew was survival and doing whatever it took to reach it.

Less than 12 minutes left. I secured a knot around the knob. I kept tying knots upon knots. If I could increase my chances of survival than so be it.

Next was the nightstands. The carpet made it hard to slide them so I had no choice but to lift them. I worked as quietly and quickly as I could. It was a good thing that the tv was blasting so most of my moments were muffled. I placed 1 nightstand in front of the door and the other nightstand on top of it. They were heavy so it took a bit of time.

8 minutes and 10 seconds left.

My arms were throbbing and my fingertips were numbing but I couldn't stop. I went for the table near the window. It had wheels so it was easier to move. I pushed it against the nightstands and put the chairs in front of it. Lastly, I took the mattress of the bed, it was heavy as fuck, and pushed it against the chairs.

Hopefully this will buy me some time when they find out what I'm about to do.

I took a deep breath.

Could I do this?

No, I can't do this.

But I have to. Deep breath.

Exactly 5 minutes left.

I tied the other end of the sheets around my waist. I had to hurry. I grabbed the remaining chair and stood a few feet away from the window.

Come on do it.

No I can't.

I lifted the chair and hesitated.

Fuck. I can't do this.

4 minutes and 36 seconds. I lowered the chair.

Do it Sarasi goddammit!

I can't.

Why?

I'm scared.

And when you're most scared to fall is the perfect time to leap.

4 minutes and 4 seconds.  Losing time.

You don't understand, if I screw this up-.

No you don't understand. Your whole life you sat around doing what your parents told you to until you finally got fed up and decided to disobey them for once. Then what happened, it blew up in your face and you were forced into a marriage with a maniac who beat you black and blue.