Gate of Hell

It was the start of a brutal midnight. The hands of the clock reached 12 but the hearts remained scattered. Gentle words may never ease Mugen's locked heart because he knows the light at the end is fake. Hope was waiting for him there but hope was not someone he was strong enough to meet.

He came home looking for Sarasi right away only to be met with guilty looking guards. He almost killed them all. It was by the mercy of Sarasi and the fact she would be displeased with him for taking his anger on them.

The real perpetrator was Tyson.

Damn that slick bastard.

Mugen had tried to settle this matter with him peacefully as to not disrupt Sarasi's state of mind but the bastard is just to idiotic and prideful for his own good.

Since he could not attack his guards, he sent them all home including the maids. The guards feared for their life but their loyalty remained to the one who treated them kindly for as long as they could remember. They stood silent and defiant outside the house walls, ready to attack and seek vengeance on anyone that dared disturb their master's peace.

The only one who stayed inside was Neagan. He watched with justified horror as Mugen ransacked the mansion looking for traces of Sarasi. There were of course none but he understood this was Mugen's way of calming himself after failing Sarasi.

They all promised to protect and keep her safe but they failed her.

Neagan cursed Tyson but even more so cursed himself for not being here for her.

Neagan dodged everything that came his way effortlessly. He was tempted to allow himself to get hit in order to punish himself for his failure, but he knew his remorse was nothing compared to his brother's who resembled a wild beast.

Mugen tossed and turned every piece of furniture. Glass was scattered. There was blood smeared on the wall. It was a scene straight out of a horror film. There was blood dripping from Mugen's fist and bruises all over his body from continuously throwing himself against the wall. Neagan wished to help his brother but didn't dare cross his path. The only thing Mugen saw was red. Whether it was anger or the blood of Tyson, all Neagan knew was to not approach him.

Ruben finally showed up. He had been making calls all day to locate Sarasi. He narrowed down her location to 3 possibility and 1 uncertainty. He came racing home to give Mugen the news. He stepped over the rubble as to not hurt himself and took in the mess with a huge lump residing in his throat. He snuck a quick glance at Neagan who shrugged. There was nothing either of them could do except wait out Mugen's anger.

The first gate of hell has already been open.

Mugen punched the surface of a table, splitting it in two. The sounds of cracking wood echoed through the room in the same instant Mugen's violent yells were heard. He sank to the floor trembling.

He needed to get her back. His life depended on it. His brothers uttered not a sound and stood motionlessly at his side.

Mugen couldn't take it. He was going to go insane and this house, these hills, and this world would feel the aftermath of his fury. He held a weak hand to his erratic chest and what a pitiful heartbeat he had, screaming a violent and boundless symphony of pain and revenge. Revenge is what he was going to get.

Mugen got up from the floor and dusted himself off. A towel to wipe his hands was given to him by Neagan.

"Anything?" Mugen's sudden calmness was a threat against humanity.

The second gate of hell has just been opened.

"Blue tried to deceive us by having several men stationed at different and random locations." Ruben started off. "The three most least obvious places he could have her is at his mansion, his parents' mansion, or her parents' mansion because one wouldn't think he'd hide her in plain sight."

"Ah." Mugen summarized his understanding. "So we slaughter her family, his family, and bomb his mansion after we get her back. Good, arrange it within the next hour."

"You didn't let me finish." Ruben continued. "It's uncertain but I believe he's holding her else where and using everything else as a distraction. I personally believe she is being contained at an abandoned warehouse, down Melbourne Lane."

Mugen almost snapped. He grabbed a fist full of Ruben's collar and brought him face to face. "I don't have time for your personal beliefs. I need to find her now." His tone was threatening and unfamiliar but Ruben wasn't dissuaded by it. Instead he was comforted by it. If Mugen wasn't acting as his normal homocidal self, then they'd have bigger issues to work on.

Neagan stiffened with a dilemma. Should he diffuse this situation and risk escalating it or should he keep quiet and watch Mugen beat Ruben senseless. Ruben raised his hand and had Neagan stand down.

"You know I'd never mention an uncertainty if I didn't fully believe I could prove it to be true." Ruben told Mugen. "I've hired someone to check on the warehouse while the three of us each go to one of the mentioned mansions. If she is indeed at the warehouse, he is to contact us immediately. If the situation calls for it, he is to rescue her with his life on the line. That way, all sites are covered and we don't have to worry about getting there to late."

That response appeased Mugen slightly. He released Ruben's collar and fixed it with a smile.

"Adequate." He said. "If she is at the warehouse then we'll bomb all the mansions."

"I think that would call too much attention to ourselves." Neagan mumbled hesitantly.

"I don't care. I'll burn all involved." Mugen traveled to the wall and hit a button which split the wall in 2 and revealed a collection of guns. "I'll make them all pay. They dared to step in hell so they must dare to meet a devil."

"But what if her parents weren't involved. Won't she be upset if you kill them without reason."

"I don't care." Mugen said adamantly while inspecting handguns. Neagan sighed. It was no use arguing with him once he got like this. His rage always got the best of him and he could only see bloodshed and suffering as the only solution. For now he'll just have to agree with him and somehow dissuade him once the time comes.

"But you know." Ruben clasped his hand together. "Maybe her parents could offer us some assistance. If Blue harassed and manipulated Sarasi, he could have done the same to her parents. Perhaps we should proceed carefully around them as to not create problems where they aren't needed."

"You're right." Mugen thought aloud. "Simply burning them is too easy of a punishment. I'll do something far vile and malicious. A poisonous gas that melts the face, or maybe rabid dogs to bite off their skin, perhaps whipping them until their flesh is visible and then letting insect feast on them, what about lynching them and broadcasting it to their loved ones...."

Mugen's voice trailed off into a whisper as he considered the various ways of making everyone who hurt Sarasi suffer. Especially Tyson. Ruben and Neagan went their separate ways to prepare for tonight. It was going to be a blood bath that either side was sure to suffer a loss.

The 3rd gate of hell was about to open.