Day 3

Thank you guys so much for you prayers. My aunt and grandpa are back home and doing much better. My brother in law is also doing good. It was a challenging week but thanks for bearing with me.
_____________

It was day 3 and Emilia was acting like a decent mother in law. I was terrified. She offered to take me, Falen, Megan, and Selena to ride horses. Something about that offer frightened me but my love for horses overruled my fear.

The whole time we were there, Emilia was handing us drinks, throwing in several compliments and smiles. I didn't know what to think.

Was she truly trying to build a relationship with me or am I just being paranoid?

I heard Mugen and Alex yelling at her the day after the dinner about her atrocious behavior. She started crying and promised to do better. Now, I don't know much about Alex but I know for a fact Mugen is quite scary when he's angry so it wouldn't be incorrect to assume that Emilia wouldn't go back on her promise. However, she carries the attitude of a thousand angry black women. I don't think she'll conform that easily.

At least that's what my gut told me.

We had just began our first break after taking a small tour of the horse ranch and getting familiar with the horses. Emilia, Falen, and Megan had been here before so they already had their own horses to ride while Selena and I were given options.

Megan recommended for me the all black Mustang named Kuro. I didn't trust her word until the one of the workers, Carli, told me that Kuro was a chill horse. Selena settled for the greyish white pony named Solid.

When asked why she was riding a pony instead of a horse, she responded "Ain't nobody got time for that."

Whatever that meant.....

"So when is she going to stop smiling at you like a lunatic. She's starting to look like that old lady from insidious." Selena whispered lowly in my ear.

I glanced back at Emilia who was handing a water bottle to Megan. They exchanged words and covered their proceeding giggle with their hands.

My left eye twitched. I got this feeling they were planning my demise. I grabbed Selena's hand and dragged her out of earshot.

"Be nice." I told her. "She's trying to be decent."

Selena snorted. "Now I know you don't believe that lie."

"It doesn't matter if I do or don't. She hasn't done or said anything since that dinner. It's not like I can go around complaining about her smiling at me now can I?"

"I don't see why not." Selena put her hands on her hips. "She look like she be chanting satanic rituals through that smile."

"Selena." I stared at her flatly.

"I know she got a seance in her walk in closet. I know it bitch." Selena swore, nodding her head vigorously.

"Selena."

"I bet if you say her name three times in a mirror you can summon her from a far." I wacked her in the arm. "Ow."

"Cut it out."

"You know you wanna laugh." Selena pouted and rubbed her arm where I hit her.

"I don't." I said trying to keep my face straight.

"I can see your lip curling upwards."

"No you can't." I covered my mouth. She rolled her eyes.

"Ladies, if you're ready to ride, let me know so I can help you with the saddle." Carli said.