I'm Free

The first thing I did when I got my phone was call Ran. We talked for hours and hours and cried and laughed. We even fell asleep talking to each other. I was at peace and it felt like things in my life we're finally going the way they should. It was amazing. Life was getting beautiful and I could hardly take it.

I also called Selena. She was ecstatic as I expected. She thought something had happened to me and was bold enough to confront Tyson about it. He didn't know where I was either and that caused him tremendous turmoil. I just knew he and Mr. Rogers were now on bad turns because of me. Tyson would surely take revenge for it. Selena promised to keep my whereabouts from Tyson and my good for nothing parents, who filed a missing persons report.

Such doting parents.

I heard a knock on the kitchen table that I was sitting at and jumped slightly. I looked up and saw Neagan giving me an apologetic smile.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine." I rose slowly, watching him carefully.

"You don't have to get up." He chuckled. "I would love your company if you don't mind."

I didn't mind but I thought about Mugen. He might not approve and he may want to hurt Neagan. I don't want to be the cause of that. I shifted awkwardly in my seat. I didn't want to hurt his feelings nor did I know the right way to tell him.

Neagan noticed my discomfort and chuckled again. "You don't have to worry about Mugen. He sent me here since he's taking care of business and didn't want you to be alone."

My eyes widened in surprise. "You're close with Mugen?"

"He's my brother."

I gasped in shock. "Mugen is your brother? Increíble." That would explain why I heard Neagan's voice around the house a few times. I just thought they were business associates.

"¿Tu hablas español?" Neagan asked curiously.

"Oh no. I just have a latina friend who loves watching telenovelas with me. I picked up a few words and phrases."

"Selena?"

"You remember her?" I was surprised.

"I'd never forget a face attached to an alluring soul." He gave me a sly smile and walked over to the stove. "Have you eaten lunch yet?"

"No." I rubbed my stomach. I had actually came down to eat but got distracted by the Iphone. The thing is really cool. The camera is so clear and vivid, it's almost offensive to ugly people.

"Good. Would you like an omelette? I'm on level Chef Ramsey when it comes to omelettes or really any dish that involves eggs." He bragged nonchalantly.

I smiled. "Sure."

"Say no more, La Mia Sorellina." He cheesed really hard and started cooking. I was slightly curious at to what that meant so I asked him. "It means my sister. You're with my brother now so that makes you my sister."

My balance was tipped over and I almost fell out of my seat. My heart started to race and I didn't know why. I know I already agreed to be with Mugen but hearing it come from someone else is whole different experience.

"Good to know." I mumbled, feeling off balance and unusual. Talking to Neagan about Mugen was starting to scare me. Who knew what kind of secrets and revelations I'd be expose to. I wasn't ready.

"No pressure." Neagan continued cooking. "Be good to him and he'll be good to you. Though, I must admit he's taken a rather unhealthy liking to you."