I Missed You

Let's just say I like this chapter better than the last 🙃

____________________

"Hey Fiddy? What are you doing?" Hennessey's voice sent shivers up my spine. Fiddy's hands traveled up to my head and firmly gripped my hair so that I didn't move to take a culpable glance back. His icy fingers sent a crippling feeling through my scalp.

"What do you think I'm about to do?" Fiddy didn't hesitate a moment though I was on the verge of self destruction and ready to spill all my inner misgivings. "I'm about to get my easy fuck and then be on my way."

He sent me a warning look that told me to stay quiet or risk ruining our advancement and forfeiting our lives. The sun shone down on the tiny sweat beads forming on my face. I nervously shifted from one foot to the other, unsure if clinging to Fiddy would confess our situation.

"You sneaky bastard." Hennessey's laugh was getting closer, so crude and mockingly . "So that's why you were so persistent in getting me to relax. You wanted to fuck."

Fiddy turned around and gave hennessey a fist bump.

How old are they again?

"But why isn't she restrained? What if she tries to run?" Hennessey looked me up in down with a scowl. I returned it while slightly hiding behind Fiddy.

Fiddy opened his free arm wide to gesture to the empty field. It was a continuous distance of grass that showed all and hid none. "Where is she going if she does?"

"True." Hennessey grabbed my arm and yanked me towards him causing Fiddy to let go of my hair. "Let's go together then. We'll double team her like old times." He disgraced me with a toothy grin, giving me a view of rows of yellow crookedness.

I stood stock-stilled and examined the two, mostly Fiddy. Was this his true intentions? Was he deceiving Hennessey? Was I making a mistake? I inspected his face for clues of security but it revealed no hidden plot.

"We might as well." Fiddy took my other arm and we continued walking to the backroad. I frowned to myself. I was engulfed in thick heat of deceit between the two. The humidity and lingering tension made the early morning air unbearable. The cool tingles from the wind pranced around us in earnest. The sky was a white territory but if I knew any better, the land would soon be stained in red.

"Say, why are we going this way?" Hennessey looked around. There was a dull ambience within the field. There would be no sudden excitement or engaging frenzies that could distract Hennessey long enough for me to slip away.

"No reason." Fiddy smoothly replied. My palms were sweaty. I could feel the moist liquid sliding down my back. My shirt clung to my chest in chunks. The wind beat against my chest with conviction. There was tension clashing through vibrating footsteps. I swayed back and forth between the two. Something wasn't right. Fiddy right hand remained calmly by his side while Hennessey's left hand hovered at his left pocket. His aura was shrouded in suspicion. I gritted down hard on my teeth. Fiddy is injured and I couldn't escape Hennessey.

Dammit.

I glanced guiltily at the wounded hand that Fiddy kept secure and hidden at his side. I don't know what's about to happen, just that I needed to run.

I needed to make it.

God please let me make it.

Fiddy inched me closer towards him. His hand clamped carefully around my arm. I took in a breath to prepare myself for what was most likely the inevitable.

"Stop him, Hennessey! He's trying to take her for himself!" Someone yelled from the warehouse house.

It took barely a moment for Fiddy to pulled me behind him, draw his gun, and shoot Hennessey in the shoulder. My piercing scream echoed through the vast land.