A Night Out in Miami part 1

I was reading some of the early chapters and wow, Mugen is a crazy bastard 💀 I had forgotten some of the crazy shit he did
____________

"My wife is very precious. I would hope that you'd take the necessary precautions to ensure her safety."

"Yes of course. When have I never gotten the job done?"

"Her safety is prioritized over everything. I don't care if you have to set a fucker on fire to clear a path. You better take this seriously."

"I won't let you down. Believe me, it is my absolute honor to be working with the lovely Mrs. Holt."

I couldn't shake the conversation between Mugen and the Motherfucker out of my head. It replayed in my mind day to day, hour to hour, like clockwork this entire week. Something was off and ominous about the Motherfucker's tone. It was like he was being impassive to his job and subtly alluding to his ulterior motives.

He and Mugen have a long history of business interaction despite their visibly conflicting personalities. That gave him some credibility but I still couldn't bring myself to trust him.

Maybe it was his virulent eyes consumed with the hunger for disorder that had me inching away from him in suspicion. Perhaps it was his lack of teeth and funky foul breath that alerted my senses to beware of his depletion of concern. Or his crass walk that inform me he wouldn't care if the world ended at his feet because he would be too busy enjoying it.

Men like that are the ones you have to stay away from.

Mugen was aware of my uncomfortableness and assured me that Fiddy, Bon, and most of his men would be the ones on the floor surrounding me. The Motherfucker would be overseeing everything; making sure communication is running smoothly, everyone is stationed in their positions at all times, and information is circulating just in case the unexpected arose, it could be handled in a moments notice. To further ease my agitation, Mathew would also be overseeing everything with the Motherfucker.

I had no other complaints so next thing I knew, we were on a private jet headed to Miami to attend the charity dinner. Selena and Neagan came along with us while Ruben and Nora travel to Georgia to travel along side their parents, Nonna, and Falen. I didn't ask if Megan was attending although I was almost sure that she was. I didn't care and I hoped she and her mother stayed far away from me.

Emilia nearly shot herself and her husband once Mugen and I got married. The woman just isn't right in the head.

We arrived in Miami early in the morning and the charity dinner wouldn't take place until later in the evening so we had plenty of time to spare. Both Selena and I already had our dresses pick out so our only task was to do our makeup flawlessly.

Mugen and Neagan left to handle errands before our big night while Selena and I enjoyed the hotel room to ourselves.

The day was bright and cheery, which lightened my mood. Maybe it's because I was in the blissful honeymoon stage of my marriage, that I felt an overwhelming abundance of excitement and confidence. My pulse was quickening and my heart wouldn't be quiet. As unsettling as I felt this entire week, the deeper I fall in love with Mugen, the more I feel like confronting the entire world.

He nourished and uplifted me when I was a wingless dove fearful of the vast sky. He found me as a seed of a black rose and watered me up until my petals covered the horizon and my thorns strengthened in defense. I was a blank canvas living in the ruins of my bad karma, breaking down in black fury and engraving all my sins, fears, and misery on myself. Now, I'm a moving portrait stained marvelously by a palette of colors, in the ballroom of his mind while he watches me dance slowly to the rhythm of his heart beat.