Girl's Night part 3

The ride to the club was shorter than I expected. The building must of had thick walls because I barely heard music outside but as soon as I stepped inside, it felt like my eardrums were going to burst. The club was crowded and all around me were men and women brushed up on each other.

We made our way to the V.I.P section that Falen reserved for us.

"About damn time I get to let loose." Selena wasted no time in taking shots of vodka back to back.
Selena and Falen were able to quickly adjust and settle in. Me, I was paranoid and looking over my shoulder wondering when Mugen was going to leap out of the shadows.

"Chill girl," Falen handed me a shot. I frowned at it. She knew I didn't drink. "You need to relax."

"I just want this week to end so I can go back home. I can't deal with all this stress." I whined. Falen rolled her eyes and took the shot for me.

"By the way, has Mugie told you about the charity dinner in Miami?"

"Charity dinner?"

"Oh course he didn't tell you. It's basically a dinner with a bunch of rich people who get auctioned off on a "date" and the money does to charity." She explained.

My left eye twitched. I took a deep breath. There's no reason for me to get upset. I'm sure there's a logical explanation as to why he didn't tell me. Quite frankly, I'm not even sure if I care or not.

I scanned my surroundings, looking for Mugen. I know he was watching me. I could feel him. In a fit of paranoia and against my better judgment, I allowed Falen to convince me to take shots.

1st shot I was okay, 2nd I was smiley, 3rd I was giggling like crazy, 4th I was tipsy, and by the 6th shot I was dancing on the bar screaming along to the lyrics of 'freakum dress'.

I'm aware that all eyes were on me, mostly because 1. I was screaming and dancing like a drunken fool and 2. I had stuffed my curvy body into a skimpy dress per the request of Falen. Selena stood behind me, shaking her ass to the sea of men beneath us. It felt good. I felt good. I can't remember a time I had this much fun. When I actually got to relax and just be a 20 something year old.

Perhaps I should drink more often.

The smell of sweat and alcohol invaded my sense. I sensed the overwhelming desire from the intoxicated men yearning for a small touch of my body. I evaded their greedy hands and kept to myself. I let my body rock to the beat and I swayed my hips committedly without a care in the world. I kind of wished Mugen was here so I could ride him like a hot flash.

It was going good at first. Next thing I knew Selena was being yanked off the bar by the girlfriend of some guy she was dancing naughtily with. Falen was smashing bottles across people's head. And then drinks were being thrown, insults were being called out, and hands were flying.

One time. Just one time I'd like to enjoy myself without everything going to flames.

I hopped down from the bar, cursing to myself. I needed to find Falen and Selena. I could hear Falen cursing up a storm and threatening to call her mother.

Perhaps I could summon her.

I saw a big broken shard on the floor. I tried reaching for it only to be bombarded by idiots who were fighting for no reason. Just as my patience was wearing thin, the music stopped abruptly and a loud gunshot rang through the air. Everyone quickly turned to escape but was soon halted in their tracks. What stood in the doorway armed and beyond angry was a man no stranger to invoking fear.