Dick is Short

-The Title will NOT be changed!-

The league was in the main room of the mountain when Robin came storming in; face flushed and mouth contorted in a scowl. This piqued their interest; as they couldn't think of a reason why he'd be so angry.

Before anyone could ask what was up, Artemis followed him in swiftly, Wally on her heels, She was clutching  her phone to film him. "Wait, Wait- How tall are you again?"

"Stop It!" He spat, not turning to face the camera.

"Come on, Rob, tell us!" Wally begged. "Tell us! Tell Us! Tell U!"

Artemis cut him of. "Come on, how tall are you?"

Dick sighed heavily, muttering; "I'm Five feet tall..."

"What was that?" She asked.

"Five feet!" He shouted. 

The other two laughed, Artemis lowered her phone. "He's Five-foot, zero!"

"Damn, that's good!"

Dick crossed his arms, frustrated, and tried to stalk away, scowling. This harrassment had been going on fot at least an hour.

"It's not that short, jerks!" He stomped a little.

"Bold words for an armrest!" Wally leaned on the top of his head, pissing him off further.

"Yeah, like; okay, Danny Devito!" Artemis laughed.

Wally followed him, forcing the boy to slow down. He didn't want to actually hurt Robin's feelings. 

"Hey, Man. You're right, it's not that bad! You're only in grade eight, you're a thirteen year old kid! Maybe you'll get taller." This didn't reassure Dick at all.

"You said Maybe." Artemis pointed out.

"Yep, Maybe." Wally agreed, chuckling. "We really aren't sure yet, cause you're just so short..." he relapsed into friendly taunting.

"Like.." Artemis thought for a second. "Frodo Baggins."

Dick huffed, trying to keep his temper; teasing each other was team tradition. 

"Little Dick!" Wally laughed, knowing Artemis wouldn't get it.

Dick whipped around to face them, looking annoyed. His hair was in eyes, covering his glasses, and his face was Angry and flushed red. "KF, I will perferate your skull with my FUCKING KNIFE!"

The adults gave up on subtlety, turning to face the kids. "Robin..." Black Canary reminded. Dick's face collaped into a pout, but he did seem a little ashamed that the league saw him acting like that. He hoped this wouldn't get him in any trouble.

"I know, I know." He trudged, head down, past his friends to the swear jar and dropped four quarters in. The only other money he had left was a five dollar bill.

"Hey, shortstack, the league is working in here, come on." Artemis called.

Dick's face burned.

"Chill dude." Wally chuckled. "I swear, your patience is shorter than you are!"

That Was It! Dick took the five dollars from his pocket, inhaled, and threw into the jar.

"Shut up, YOU COCK-SUCKING, MOTHERFUCKING, SON-OF-A-BITCH! I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU RAT BASTARD!" 

Dick sprinted and lauched himself at Wally, swinging punches. He was caught, mid air, by his mentor. 

"ROBIN."

"PUT ME DOWN!" He growled.

"Dude, what the Hell?" Wally laughed, having tripped backwards onto the floor.

"What?" Dick snarled, kicking and trying to escape his father's grip. "I put the money in the jar!"

He couldn't get in trouble for swearing... but he could for acting aggressively towards his teammates.

"Artemis, Kidflash, you can leave. I need to talk to Robin." Bruce stil didn't set Dick down, he held him several inches off the floor.

You didn't have to tell them twice, a hint of a batglare sent them scampering towards the doorway.

Bruce set his kid down. Dick stood up, dusting himself off. He did did the first smart thing, and lead Dick to the sidelines. Dick felt less motivation to disagree with Batman when he didn't have an audience watching him.

"I didn't do anything." Dick stated, before his father could start in on him.

"You attacked a your teammate."

"They've been harrassing me for over an hour!" The boy complained "Besides, he wasn't just my teammate; he was Kid Flash!" He stated, as if that changed everything.

"You can't give in to every impulse." Bruce scolded, knowing this was something his kid struggled with. 

"Yeah, I know." The kid lowered his head in shame, giving into his berating. He knew he wasn't supposed to misbehave in front of the league. "Sorry."

"Go back to the others, we're working in here."

"Okay. Bye." Dick turned on his heel and hurried out. As he left, Bruce heard him groan: "Not Now!"

Artemis' voice piped up. "Did you get in trouble?"

"NO, I didn't!"

"Whatever, Let's go, fun-size!" Wally called.

"You're the one that's Fun sized, Wally" He heard Dick scoff angily. "Just look down!"

-Would you rather read-

1) AU wher future batboys are thrown back in time and runs into the team and, specifically, young Dick

2) Dick is being bullied he hides at the mountain for a bit because of his injuries, but Btuce finds out and daddybats is activated