Obsession (sad)

-Full Disclosure:this one's a little sadder than normal-

"Did he seem mad at me?" Robin turned back to the group, anxiously.

"Nope." Artemis admitted. "He seemed pretty normal."

"Yeah, but, I just felt a cold coming off him at me."

"Well, Batman normal is mad at everyone, so..." she shrugged, walking away.

Dick hurried up to his redhead. "You saw that, Walls, what do you think?"

"I don't know." He said, honestly. "Who can tell what batman thinks? He's batman."

"I'm sure he's not mad at you, Robin." M'gann assured, though she was making that fact up. 

"Yeah, this is nothing like when he got mad last week." Conner caught an exasperated look from his girlfriend. 'What?' He mouthed.

The martian girl let her young teammate to the next room. He kept glancing at the tube which his Mentor had exited through.

"Let's shower and meet back here to await debriefing." Kaldur instructed, so they headed off.

After showering, Dick rifled through his bag; change of clothes, spare mask, sleeping pills... he saw the second pill bottle and snatched it up. He tried not to lock the caps on his pills, so he never had to ask for help getting them off. It was Prozac, but his friends didn't need to know that. He downed the pill with a handful of tap water and finished getting changed.

They met in the main room to wait, the pill hadn't kicked in yet. He sat on the floor with a couple of the others.

"He'd contact me if something was wrong, right?"

"Who?" Conner asked.

"Batman!"

He tried not to roll his eyes. "Probably."

"But, like, would he do it if he  was mad at me? Like, if I did something really, really, wrong, would he tell me?"

"Robin, he's not mad at you." Artemis stated, tired of this conversation.  "Why would he be?"

"I don't know?" It could be anything, and knowing Bruce there's a high chance he wouldn't even tell him. "There's probably a reason..."

"He's not mad, dude!" Wally hooked his arm around the boys neck. The kid was thirteen, and his self esteem was so low, that his father figure not acknowledging Him once sent him spiralling. "He'll be back soon and you'll be able to see that he's not mad."

"He is!" Dick whined, clutching the redheads arm and slinging it off him. 

"You don't know that."

"I do!" He exclaimed, standing up. "I know batman! I KNOW when he's mad!"

"Dude! Calm down!" Wally tried to stop him. "It's okay, it's okay." He held the boy still. "He's not mad at you." He pulled Dick onto the floor.

"What's your deal, Rob?" Artemis asked. "Half the time you say bats is stifling you, the other half you're, like, Obsessed."

"Artemis, fuck off. Not now." Wally spat, clutching Robin against him.

"Robin, I think the best thing for all of us right now, including batman, would be for you tocalm down." Kaldur started pulling the boy off to the side. Robin was stressed and needed to sit out for a few minutes.

He sat the boy against the wall and got him a glass of water. Robin was shaking, he didn't touch the water.

It felt like he was having a stroke; his breathing was fast, but his heart was slow, his head felt so heavy, yet he was lightheaded. He panted for breath, blinking slowly and trying not to pass out.