Waiting Up For The League

-I get immense joy from imagining that Bang Energy is Conner's drink of choice. I don't know why I find that funny, I just do-

"What happened?"

The team was passed out around the mountain, to the point that the the team mentors were afraid there'd been a break in. The lights were out, except for the emergy lights, and whatever radiated off the DVD screen-saver thing. There was a shattered glass in the trash, Robin have fallen off the couch, except Wally was hugging him so tight, Artemis had about six braids in her hair, and Kaldur passed out sitting on the edge on the sofa. 

After assuring that their children had pulses and were, in fact, only asleep, someone propsed checking the security cameras.

Dianah wound the camera's back to just about the time the league was called off on a mission.

-

The team of teenagers was lolling about in the living room, sulking about the results of their mission. Wally was tossing a softball into the air, which kept hitting Artemis in the head, and Kaldur was helping Robin patch up some of the scrapes the younger had gotten.

"Batman's going to yell at us for tonight..." Robin muttered, trying to sit still as Kaldur stuck a band aid on his skinned knee. "so who's going in first?"

M'gann shifted a little. "We'll all go in together, at the same time!"

"The doorway isnt big enough!"

"I vote that we all go in, right behind Kaldur." Conner suggested.

"Kaldur is too essential." Wally reasoned, shaking his head  "How about Artemis? she can be the casualty." He tossed up the softball.

Artemis snatched the ball out of the air. "You know what? Fuck it! We're all going!" She grabbed Wally and started towards the door.

"Hey! That's mine!" The redhead whined.

"No, it's mine. I lent it to you last week!" She flipped the ball around to show it was initialled. "Now come, we might as well face the music." but just as the team tried to leave, they practically ran into Batman and Black Canary.

Kaldur put up his hands, wanting to protect his teammates from getting scolded. "I understand, we made a mistake on the mission, but if you'll just let us explain..."

"We need to go, there's been an emergency on the east coast." The man turned to them. 

"I'm coming!" Robin hurried after him, trying not to limp so visibly.

"No, you're not, you're injured!"

"-but-"

"Robin, sit down." He turned to the team. "I highly recommended you all go home and rest, you will reconvene for debriefing as soon as we return."

"Come on, we can wait up for you!" Wally exclaimed. 

"Yeah, we're not kids, besides, it's already twelve!" Artemis agreed.

The leaguers discussed briefly, Black Canary turned to the team. "You can do as you wish, we'll notify you when we're on our way back."

"Unless your mentors or parents say otherwise." Batman said, making Robin pout at the floor. "Robin, I want you to return home shortly. And sleep."

"Whatever." The boy scowled.

-

"Uh huh, Bats is crazy over enforcing a thirteen-year-old's bedtime!" Oliver Queen reached over and fast forwarded until the league members left, and the kids were alone. "What else is new?"