Why They Hate Dollar Tree (epilogue)

-shout outs to @Swiperlemo and @Nightwing-Robin4ever for the request. Leave your requests n the comments or DM me-

"What?" Dick covered his mouth since he was eating.

"Did you get his name?"

"No." Dick exclaimed. He finished chewing and swallowed.

Bruce was not letting this go. "Where was the store, again?"

Dick sighed. He was mad, sure, he was REALLY mad. but, he wanted to eat his dinner and forget for a few minutes. He was emotionally drained, and didn't have the energy to be mad. "I don't remember the cross-roads."

"Well do you remember where it is, in happy harbour?"

"It's like a block away from the Grocery store; like, between the minimart and the highschool."

"Do you remember what he looked like?"

"Bruce-" Dick set his fork down. "I don't know. It got a little hard to see. Can we just eat dinner for a minute? Just one." He begged, exhausted.

"Alright, sorry. Can you try describing him?"

"Sleazy." Dick stated. "Greasy black comb-over. He might have been twenty, he might have been forty-five, I dunno." After that, Dick refused to answer, he ate in  silence until he was done(Dick was a slow eater). He stood to take his plate to the kitchen. "Thank you, Al, it was really good. I'm going upstairs"

"Wait, Dick, we need to put a warm compress on that eye of yours."

Dick huffed and stood still at the edge of his table until Bruce returned.

Was Bruce mad? Yeah, you could say that... He was mad that his son's friends (and him) had been picked out as suspects without reason, and that some guy had punched Dick in the face. He was mad that his boy was exhausted from anger in his bedroom right now. 

He would do anything to Find his justice for his son.

First, he sent a scathing email to Corporate. He strutted his position and moral highground. He threatened lawsuits. Plural. He somehow managed to mention his legal team SEVEN TIMES in four paragraphs (that he was almost proud of).

He found out which branch Dick and his friends must have been at. He contacted the management, the state HR, ANYTHING.

He made sure he had the guy's name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He didn't stalk the guy...

He just guessed that he'd probably get to work to start his shift between 7:25 am and 8:00pm, Monday-Friday.

It just so happened that Bruce was free exactly between7:25 - 8:00 ALL WEEK.

What a coincidence.

He cornered the guy in the parking lot, having a bud (more like a pack) before his shift.

"Jacob Thomas?"

"Yeah, who're you." He took a drag and nearly blew the smoke in Bruce's face.

He contained his rage, barely. "Do you work here?"

"Why?"

"Yesterday there was an incident here, which ended with out hitting a boy and calling the police."

He thought about it, like he'd genuinely forgot. "What'd you want, ?"

He broke out the batglare. "That was my son." The man dropped his  cigarette, his soul rapidly left his body. "I've contacted your superiors and will be pursuing action in court." the papers and court orders were probably arriving at the guys house as he spoke. 

"Look, I was just doing what I had to, loss prevention." The sleazeball tried to explain.

"You baselessly cornered three innocent teenagers of colour. Which brings me to my next point..." he rested his hand against the guy's Prius, leaning into him, terrifying the man. "Discrimination based on race, and assult of a minor. That could get you a pretty large fine... but I can get you much more."

-What do you want next?-

1) the team babysits Richerd Grayson

2) Robin (and Artemis) get very sick and cannot take care of themselves