Iceberg Right Ahead!

How the hell did thirty weeks come around so quick? I swear it was only a week ago I was sat in my bathroom having a mini breakdown as the test confirmed all my worst fears and nightmares

How the hell did thirty weeks come around so quick? I swear it was only a week ago I was sat in my bathroom having a mini breakdown as the test confirmed all my worst fears and nightmares. Was it really four months ago that Will walked out without so much as looking over his shoulder?

30 Weeks Pregnant 

You're in week thirty already, not thw countdown to baby arriving really begins.

Your baby is fully developed, be around 39.9cm in length and weigh around 2.9lbs, they will continue to put on weight right up until their due date.

If your baby were to be born prematurely, they would need to spend some time in the special care baby until, but would stand a very good chance of survival

Dr Miranda Carr
Pregnancy Matters

So, Steph has invited me out, and like, I don't want to go, but at the same time, I'm fed up of staying home alone

* * *

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

"I can't believe you're wearing those," was the first thing Steph said to me while looking at my feet.

"I'm thirty weeks pregnant, Steph. I'm not out trying to pull a bloke, look where that got me," I said pointing at my humongous stomach. And I wasn't going out wearing heels, I hadn't forgotten what happened the last time I did that — I didn't fancy another four day recuperation period just for wearing my favourite shoes.

"C'mon let's go in here," she was already halfway through the door of the cocktail bar.

And I really wish that I hadn't followed her in there.

She practically threw herself at Matt, who was sat on one of the stools near the bar. "A'right ladies," he slurred his words; he was obviously already more than halfway to alcoholic annihilation.

I sat on the stool next to him because even in my Vans my feet were killing.

"Look whose over there," he nudged me in the ribs and pointed across the bar.

Shit!

It was Will.

He was chatting up some blonde girl with massive tits. She was almost dry humping his leg and he was loving it, I could just tell.

All I could think was fuck! Why would Steph do this to me? I'm her sister, she's supposed to have my back and she's totally gone and thrown me under the bus.

"You knew he was going to be here, didn't you?" I accused her.

"Did I fuck, now go get us a cocktail."

So I turned my back on him, not that he'd even acknowledged me anyway and ordered us some cocktails.

"Who's the virgin?" the barman shouted too bloody loudly as he handed the cocktails over.

Matt started laughing his head off, "she hasn't been called one of them in a while."

Steph slapped him. And even without checking my reflection, I knew my cheeks were as red as his, minus the handprint of course.

"I need some fresh air." I needed to get away from them for a few minutes.

"This is all your bloody fault," I heard Steph shout. I could see her through the window, she was all up in Will's face, wagging her finger and everything. The big-titted-blonde looked terrified, so did he.

"Look, I'm sorry," Matt said, I wish he hadn't followed me out. "That was a bit, you know, insensitive of me."

Too bloody right it was.

"Come on, come back in."

"No." There was no way I was going back in there, not tonight, not ever.

"Why would Steph do this to me? Why would she bring me here knowing that he's here?"

Matt looked guilty, like, so fucking guilty. "Well, that was a bit of a dick move on my part. I didn't tell her, but to be fair, she didn't ask."

Men. Honestly, why would Steph ask if Will was here? She's drunk, Matt's drunk, he text her and asked her to come to the cocktail place, asking if Will was there would've been the last thing on her mind.

"Well, I wouldn't have come, would I, if I'd known that he was here. I look like a fucking whale."

"You're not that fat."

"I don't even care, but like, I just don't want to see him."

"You just look like you need a massive shit or something."

Wonderful. What a charmer, I can really see why Steph fell in love with him.

"Can you maybe just tell Steph I needed to go home or something? I just don't feel like coming back in, she'll understand. You two have a good night."

Even though it was only like a three-minute walk home, I was so glad I'd listened to my own advice and worn the trainers, my feet were bloody killing by the time I got in; my back was knackered too.