Mirror, Mirror on the Wall . . .

I haven't heard a word from Will since that text message the other night

I haven't heard a word from Will since that text message the other night. Okay, it's not like I was expecting too, but it would've been nice. I know he doesn't care about me, I mean that's pretty obvious he has moved on already. But still, it doesn't stop me from thinking about him.

My mum is getting right on my nerves too, she keeps going on about how I need to text or ring him, apparently, he can't get away with just impregnating me and then dumping me because she said so.

But he can though, can't he? Because that's exactly what he's done!

Eurgh! I thought I was starting to feel a bit better, but the morning sickness is back with a vengeance

Eurgh! I thought I was starting to feel a bit better, but the morning sickness is back with a vengeance. I don't even know why they call it morning sickness because it's all day. I can hardly keep it a secret at work much longer if it carries on like this. I guess it's probably time I told my boss anyway.

After throwing up for the fourth time in ten minutes, I sat on the toilet to regain my composure before I went back to my desk

After throwing up for the fourth time in ten minutes, I sat on the toilet to regain my composure before I went back to my desk. Then I heard the door open followed by the voice of the last person I'd want to bump into.

"So I've got a date tomorrow," Laura said in an excited voice, "we're going to that new burger place in town."

"What another date? Where did you meet this one?" Caroline asked her.

I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to go out on a date with Laura, whoever it was must've been really desperate because she's a right bitch!

"On a dating app," she said.

That made sense, all the desperate people went on those, I haven't forgotten my foray into the world of online dating. And then she said something and I thought that I was going to throw up again.

"Do you remember Will?"

All I could think was shit, I hope she's not talking about Will as in Will who dumped me, I mean she knows him. And fuck, what if she was talking about him? What if she was going out with him? He wouldn't do that, would he? He knew we didn't get on, she hated me and I hated her. Surely he hasn't forgotten how she threw that drink over me when we went on our first date. But if it was Will they were talking about, yeah, he probably would go out with Laura; it's not like he was bothered if he hurt my feelings.

"Will who? Will Lewis, who used to work here? Top salesman Will who could have any woman eating out of his hand and knickers around her ankles in seconds." Caroline said.

Shit! It sounded like she was talking from experience.

"Yeah, I saw him the other day, he still looks as good as he always did."

"He was so good looking, do you remember that time?" Caroline asked Laura, not bothering to elaborate for those of us in the room who didn't have a fucking clue what she was talking about or what went on that time.

"Yeah, how could I forget. You'll never guess who else he's been out with?"

I wondered what number I was in Will's very long list of girls he'd been with.

"Elsie," Laura said, and they both laughed.

"Oh, god, that poor girl. Did you warn her what he's like?" Caroline said and then they both laughed again as if I was some sort of joke. "He's pretty much had every female in this department except for Margaret in admin, but then I wouldn't be surprised if she had a bit of history with him too."

They started cackling again, as if this whole situation was a joke, and it was to them.

"Yeah. He might be good looking, but anyone who thinks they're getting more than a bit of fun with him is stupid, he'll never settle down. Remember when Samantha in marketing thought they were in some sort of exclusive relationship and then she found out he shagged Rachael and Amy at the Christmas party? And then there was that other incident."

"Ugh, don't remind me."

C'mon let's get back to work, we can't stand here gossiping about him all day."

I waited until the room went quiet before I ventured out of the cubicle. I splashed some water on my face and looked at my reflection in the mirror - I looked like shit.

"Are you okay?" Caroline asked me when we bumped into each other in the kitchen. "No offence, but you look awful."

"No. I'm pregnant," I blurted out without thinking.

"Oh, wow! So, this is like morning sickness then?" she said, "go on, go home, we'll cope," she said, putting her hand on my shoulder. "We'll talk about it on Monday."

And I didn't need her sympathy because those pair of bitches had been laughing about me less than five minutes ago in the toilets, but I didn't need telling twice. I went to gather my belongings and I could already see Caroline loitering by Laura's desk waiting to tell her the latest gossip. Bitches!