Orange You Just So Beautiful

The first thing I did when I got in yesterday was have a little cry to myself

The first thing I did when I got in yesterday was have a little cry to myself. Like, how did my whole life get so messed up so quick? I didn't want this to happen, I didn't want to be pregnant and alone and I most certainly didn't want my boss and the biggest bitch in the office to laugh at me.

And then Stanley curled up with me and we read up on what it meant to be sixteen weeks pregnant.

Sixteen Weeks Pregnant

Your baby is now about 11.6 cm long and around the size of an orange. All of their limbs and joints are fully formed; they might have also found their thumb and worked out how to suck it too. So cute! Although your baby's eyelids are still fused shut, they can now move their eyes around; their eyes are sensitive to light and they may turn away if a bright light is shone at your tummy. Your baby's skin is quite translucent, and if you could take a peek, you'd be able to see blood vessels under their skin.

You will have another appointment with your midwife this week, where she will carry out some more routine blood pressure and urine checks. Anytime between now and thirty-two weeks, you will be offered the Whooping Cough vaccination. Your midwife will also probably give you a bit more info about your next scan — the anomaly scan — which will be between eighteen and twenty weeks.

Some (not all) mums-to-be find their libido increases at this stage of their pregnancy and so you might find your sex drive is on the up! There is absolutely no need to worry about your baby — unless otherwise advised your doctors.

It's perfectly normal for your relationship with your partner to evolve now that you are about to become parents; the emotional and hormonal symptoms of pregnancy can test even the strongest and most loving relationships. Communication is often the key to smoothing troubled waters, so remember to try and talk things through.

Dr Miranda Carr
Pregnancy Matters

What kind of sick joke was that? Communication wasn't going to help me and Will with our problems, mainly because we aren't talking to each other

What kind of sick joke was that? Communication wasn't going to help me and Will with our problems, mainly because we aren't talking to each other. I guess I should try and contact him at some point, let him know what's going on even if he doesn't care, at least I've made an effort.

If I hadn't been pregnant I'd have gotten so drunk to try and drown my sorrows. Instead, I put on some One Direction because I was super needy and I just needed someone to tell me that I was beautiful, and ate the box of chocolates I'd bought for my mum's birthday. I would've felt bad about it if she hadn't called demanding that I give her Will's number because she wanted to have it out with him, of course, I put the phone down on her. And then turned up here at my place this morning, she said that one way or another she'd get his number off me, I've found the best thing to do is ignore her. 

Cheeky cow even pushed Stan off the sofa, "I can't believe you let that flea-bitten thing on the sofa," she said, obviously forgetting that she lets Colin that stupid poodle she's got sleep in the bed with her.

Sometimes I feel like the best thing to do is just lock my door and turn off my phone, just to ignore everyone. It's almost like everyone has got it in for me right now, and I can't cope with it.