Second Hand Smoke & Gossip

So, I went to Michael's gig he and his band were playing in town last night, they were surprisingly good, actually

And, like, who knew that socialising with Laura would be okay too? At one point I even followed her outside to the smoking area, I'm not sure if it was because I was desperate for some second-hand smoke in my lungs or just desperate because she was being nice to me.

"So, this is exciting, huh?" Laura said while taking a drag on her fag and pointing at my stomach.

"Yeah, I guess," I said because I hadn't forgotten what I'd overheard about Will in the toilet that day, and like, I couldn't help but think that this whole experience would've been more exciting had I had someone to share it with.

"Will decided not to stick around then? Let me guess, it's not really his thing?"

How did she know that? Was this history repeating itself? Had he done this to someone else? Shit, what if he'd done the same thing to Laura?

"What?"

"Well you see, the thing about Will is that he's not the kind of guy who's looking for commitment, he's a hump 'em and dump 'em kind of guy."

"Did he do that to you?" I asked before I could stop myself, but I guess I needed to know and this was probably my only chance to find out.

"No, not me. I mean, I can't tell you if he's gotten anyone else pregnant, but he's worked his way through the office, that's why he left."

"What do you mean?"

"Well. He was seeing Samantha in marketing and had a thing going on with Caroline at the same time. Caroline's husband found out and shit hit the fan, he threw paint stripper all over Will's company car, and then Samantha bought in one of his suits that he left at her place and put it through the shredder, she fucked it right up."

"Shit."

"Yeah, anyway, shall we go back in and get a drink," she said. "And don't worry about Will and him not sticking around, parenting's not easy, but loads of us do it by ourselves and we're alright."

Maybe Laura wasn't so bad after all. But Caroline, I wouldn't look at her in the same way again.