Summer Lovin'

When I got back from Magaluf last night, I'd barely walked through passport control and switched my phone on when I received a text from Will

When I got back from Magaluf last night, I'd barely walked through passport control and switched my phone on when I received a text from Will. I was not expecting that, he was in Zante with his mates, I mean, why would he want to message me when he was supposed to be off getting wasted?

He asked me if I fancied spending Friday's lunch break with him — a picnic together in the park, just the two of us. It caught me off guard, I mean, yeah, we've spent a few nights together; he even stayed at my place the night before I went off for Sophie's hen-do, but he'd been adamant that this thing between us was just a bit of fun. Just sex, no feelings involved, that's what he'd said.

And I was more than happy to go along with that, a little summer fling never harmed anyone, right? I mean look at Danny and Sandy, things worked out okay for them in the end. Yeah, I know I'd spent months and months pining over Ben and there was a time when I thought I'd never be happy again, but I am now. It wasn't like I was going to fall in love with Will though; I wasn't going to get my heart broken all over again.

Then I went to Magaluf. We met Calum on the first day; he'd pestered us every-single-day trying to flog us tickets to some foam party, even offering to throw in a free kiss, as if that would persuade us. But I couldn't face the thought of snogging Calum with his stupid tattoo's and dimples that appeared every time he smiled, and I found those super-tight Ralph Lauren shorts he wore a complete turn-off.

I suppose that was when I realised I was in a little deeper than I planned to be. It's hard not to develop some sort of feelings for someone when you spent so much time together, like, I'm not in love with Will, I know that, but I kind of like him, a lot.

So, of course, I agreed to go for a picnic in the park with him; it was certainly better than spending my lunch break looking at Laura, the sour-faced cow.

It's funny how Friday's usually come round pretty quickly, but it's only been two days since Will text me, and it seems like forever.