⁴²

CAMILLE J.

At this point, I was sweating and in big pain

At this point, I was sweating and in big pain. Chastity said she didn't want to see my coochie nor two babies being pushed out of me, so she went to sit with my brother and Tae downstairs.

I grab Treaine's hand and squeezed, and he had the nerve to snatch his hand away.

"Hell nah. I've seen how y'all females do. You not about to break my damn hand", he said, and he offered me a frozen bottle of water.

"Wow, so I can't squeeze your hand?", I ask, completely out of breath as I finally catch a break from these damn contractions.

The doctors came in and they prepped me so I can start pushing. After they lifted and spread my legs so my bare coochie was on display, Tremaine looked like he was finna shit himself.

"Babe, you can leave if you don't want- Holy fucking shit this hurts!", I yell, and the doctors chuckle as they wash their hands and put gloves on.

"Alright, ma'am. I hope you're ready, cause now you have to push", one of them said, and I nervously look at Tremaine before nodding.

I took a deep breath, and I pushed. But I stopped immediately because I felt like I would pass out at any given moment.

"Nope, stop it!", I yell, and the nurse was staring dead into my coochie hole.

"Ma'am, you have to keep pushing. On the count of three", a nurse said, and Tremaine rubbed an ice cube back and forth across my forehead.

"One, two... ", the doctor counted, and on three, I pushed.

"Ohhh, a head. And he has a lot of hair!", one of the nurses squealed.

"Oh, boy. I hope you know you in charge of his hair", Tremaine said in my ear.

"I'm gonna teach you how to do hair, you bum", I said back.

In total, the twins came out two minutes apart. The first one that came out, Travis, had the more curly hair. While Chance, the younger one, had thicker hair but wasn't as curly. These two big head ass babies cost me eight stitches.

"You did it, Millie! Millie?", I heard Tremaine say, but it sounded like it was so far.

I was kind of cold, but I was so sleepy. I didn't want to miss holding my sons, but my eyes were hard to remain open.

"Loosing blood!... We have to stop the bleeding.... Take the children to the infirmary quickly!", was all I heard, but just barely.

All I wanted right now was to go to sleep. It seemed like sleep was the most valuable thing to my body right now. I was forcing myself to stay awake, compared to the urge to go to sleep, it's like a fly trying to keep a cat from sleeping.

"This ain't happenin' again! Take my blood if you have to!", I heard, but voices were becoming so hard to recognize and pinpoint now.

I just want to sleep. I delivered my kids, and Tremaine seems responsib- Never mind. He can't even keep a pet rock alive. But, I'm putting too much on him. He's a good parent, being the male of the house when he was younger, I thought to myself.

This is some trippy ass shit, can't even cap. But, it feel like I'm finna fly to the pearly gates and see my nigga Peter waitin' to collect me, I joke, my voice echoing in my mind.

Dammit, I can't be dying. I might just be suffering from blood loss. But ain't that a way people can die. Damn, I want to see my sons. I can't afford to die here.

I don't know how long I spoke to myself, but when I came to, my family stood above me. I guess I passed out from the blood loss.

"W-Where are they?", I ask, and my aunt laughs.

"They're okay, baby. The nurse is changing them and finding them some of those baby hat things", she explained.

"So, how you feel, Camille? I bet you won't be able to pee normally for a while. You gonna be walking with a limp for a while", Chastity laughed.

My aunt walked out of the room and I look at my sister.

"Walking like how you were after you took the strap from that one girl in eleventh grade?", I ask her, and she rolls her eyes.

"Fuck you, you cunt", she replies.

"No thanks, I don't like incest", I chuckle, forcing my body to sit up.

"What middle names did you and Dre decide on?", I ask her, and she shrugs.

"Travis's middle name Cyrus and Chance's middle name is Trent. I know, they're weird. But, I kinda like them", she said.

"Yeah, those are nice names. Who's last name did they take?", I ask while looking at my legs.

"Both. Travis and Chance Johnson - Alston", she smiled at me.

Soon after, Tremaine came in and a nurse followed, rolling the twins in to the room. I picked up Chance and I started crying. I look over and see Tremaine sitting on the side of my bed, looking down at Travis.

"You two... I'm so happy for you guys", Chastity said, taking a picture and wiping her eyes.

This is the start of a new beginning for both me and Tremaine... As parents of two beautiful boys....

The End.

I know, it wasn't what you guys were expecting

I know, it wasn't what you guys were expecting. But, the first book is finally over. I'm debating on whether or not I should do a second book or go straight to the twins high school years. I'll figure it out. But, yup, this is the end until I make up my mind, which won't take too long. See you next book... 🙂